Meeting Minutes – 2022 January

Officers: President: Eric Hallen (2023),Vice President: Jordan Hallen (2022), Secretary: Cyndi Sommerfeldt (2023), Treasurer: Sheri Hoiby (2022)

Board of Directors: Mike Kohn (2022), Kirk Johnson (2022), Rhett Larson (2023), Jason Raska (2023)

Trail Bosses: West: Brad McGuiggan & Jason Raska, East: Scott Carlson, Dresser West: Arik Mahler, Dresser East: Kevin McNutt, Stower Trail: Jeff Jonas & Rick LeRoux

Council Reps: Eric Hallen, Brad McGuiggan

————————————————————————-

*Meeting called to order on 1/4/22, 7:30pm at Ken’s Keyboard by Eric.

Secretary’s report: 

  • December meeting minutes were approved.  Minutes are posted to the website.  Will also email out with January minutes.

Treasurer’s report:

  • Approved as read by Sheri.
  • Board of Directors approved previously discussed plan to move rainy day funds to an investment account.  Motion & Second to approve the draft resolution, as provided by Frank at December meeting, as well as establish the investment account.  Unanimous approval.

Media/Marketing: 

  • Osceola Sun had a picture of our club’s donation to the Open Cupboard.
  • Frank has made some updates to our club’s website.  Take a look.

Council Report:

  • ATV & Snowmobile County Council – website updates, lots of info can be found there.
  • A couple trail issues have gotten addressed recently.
  • Trail from Cushing to Burnett County is now open.
  • Stower Trail is ready to go.

Trail Bosses Report

  • Scott working on compiling an updated and accurate list of landowners.
  • One new landowner sign was made and will be installed.
  • Stower Trail.  Make sure to follow the speed limit signs and obey all rules.  Be courteous to other trail users.

KAOS Youth Club:

  • Next meeting is January 11, 2021, McKenzie Lanes 7pm
  • Tentative club ride on Saturday, January 15, leaving from McKenzie Lanes around 9:00am.  Details to be finalized at 1/11 meeting.

Old Business:

  • Discussed plans to change club officer terms from 2 years to 4 years.  To be reviewed by Board of Directors.
  • Funds/Budget. 
    • Increasing scholarship amounts.
    • Possibly increase donations to Open Cupboard, etc.
    • Landowners.  About 70 landowners in total.  Ideas for landowner appreciation (gift cards, etc)
  • Safari.  Club approved $200 to go towards dinner for the Safari group.  Aiming to entice more people to attend and participate.

New Business:

  • No additional budget needs currently expected.
  • Looking for ideas to get more members involved in club activities.  Example – KAOS club buys lunch for anyone that helps do trail signs.
  • Groomer tractor.  GPS tracker is now installed.
  • Wisconsin legislature updates.  If a funded trail passes thru a ditch, you now cannot ride thru that ditch when the trails are closed.  Previously snowmobiles could still ride in the ditches even if trails were closed.

Trip Committee:

  • Club Safari ride January 20-23 in Hayward 7 Winds Casino, phone # 715-634-8574.  Six rooms blocked under the club (group booking number 1179).  Looking for anyone interest in going.  Frank will send an email with more info.
    • Motion was passed in December to provide $200 for a social gathering during the Safari. 
  • Would still welcome more involvement and a planning committee.

Social Committee:

  • Safari Trip. See above.
  • Vintage snowmobile ride & event at ERX in Elk River, MN January 28-30.
  • Shelter Ride.  Planning for Saturday, February 12.

Next Meeting: February 1, 2022 at 7:30pm at Potsie’s.

*Motion to adjourn passed at 8:16pm

Meeting Minutes – 2021 December

Officers: President: Eric Hallen (2023),Vice President: Jordan Hallen (2022), Secretary: Cyndi Sommerfeldt (2023), Treasurer: Sheri Hoiby (2022)

Board of Directors: Mike Kohn (2022), Kirk Johnson (2022), Rhett Larson (2023), Jason Raska (2023)

Trail Bosses: West: Brad McGuiggan & Jason Raska, East: Scott Carlson, Dresser West: Arik Mahler, Dresser East: Kevin McNutt, Stower Trail: Jeff Jonas & Rick LeRoux

Council Reps: Eric Hallen, Brad McGuiggan

————————————————————————-

*Meeting called to order on December 7, 2021 at 7:30pm at Hanks by Eric.

Secretary’s report:
• Sent out via email following November meeting, and posted on webpage. Approved as read.

Treasurer’s report:
• Approved as read by Sheri.
• Board has reviewed 2022 budget.
• Reviewed recent fundraising profits from UW Wanderoos Hunting Party and meat raffle.
• In preparation for Sheri stepping down as Treasurer of our club for 10+ years, Frank Sommerfeldt has been working with her to understand the club accounts and procedures. This will be a 6 month process.
• Sheri continues to turn in memberships to the AWSC most recent group was on November 20.
• Motion was approved during New Business portion of meeting to invest $ from rainy day fund into a mutual fund. This is about 1/3 of our total club funds. Frank will follow up with Board prior to investment.
• Sheri is very knowledgeable of the Club bereavement policy due to the need to disperse funds. This policy should be reviewed in a future meeting.

Media/Marketing:
• Frank will be placing meeting minutes on website.
• Mark K and Angel will be delivering our $500 donation to Open Cupboard and providing information to the Osceola Sun.

Council Report:
• Groomers are ready and signing complete.
• Trail hours are turned in at Council meetings so make sure hours are current and turned in prior to this monthly meeting. Next meeting December 9.

Trail Bosses Report:
• Trails are marked and ready.
• If additional signs are needed contact Eric/Brad.
• Stower is still open to us and signed as reported by Rick
• Trail from shelter to Stower is complete and ready.
• Mark Jensen donated wood for the shelter and he and Gordy placed it in the shelter along with weed whipping and cleaning out the fire pit. There is more wood available if needed and Tim Larke has people available to stack in the future. The porta potty condition is unknown.

KAOS Youth Club:
• Next meeting is December 14, 2021 at McKenzie Lanes at 7pm
• New members have come from the recent safety class.
• Doug K has requested help from Frank S to assist in getting a club webpage set up.

Old Business:
• New 2020-2022 Trail maps are available.
• Don’t wait for snow to renew or start a membership. There is a time delay as we send in requests in batches to AWSC.
• Club Appreciation party at Eric’s on November 6 was a success with approximately 50 in attendance. Thanks Eric!
• Hunters party at UW Wanderoos was held on November 18 with a large turnout and 1/3 of proceeds to our club.
• Club meat raffle was held on December 3 at Potsie’s.

New Business:
• Sheri suggested we revisit the term length for our club officers. It is felt that the current 2 years is too short and perhaps 4 years would provide more involvement. In addition making the vice president role move to president the following term. Our bylaws do not currently call out a term length so this could be handled as a resolution in an upcoming meeting.
• With the recent increase in funds due to a successful fair, UWW Hunters party and meat raffle motions to increase the following donations were passed:
December gift to Open Cupboard food shelf from $200 to $500
OHS Scholarships from 2x$500 to 2x$1000
• There was much discussion on how to identify and recognize our Landowners. It was felt that we need to do more than just the spring landowners party. We have provided gift cards and postcards on trail signing and take down in the past but due to difficulty in keeping track of land sales our landowners list is out of date and therefore contact via this list is not useful. We need a better option to keep this list current, trial boss input and/or GIS/tax records were both suggested. It was suggested that the Board propose other options.

Trip Committee:
• Frank reviewed the January 21-23, 2022 Safari to be held at Hayward Seven Winds Casino. Based on interest shown Frank will block out 10 rooms.
• Motion was passed to provide $200 for a social gathering during the Safari.
• Would still welcome more involvement and a planning committee.

Social Committee:
• Safari Trip see above January 21-23, 2022 Hayward, WI
• Shelter Ride Saturday February 12, 2022

Next Meeting: January 4, 2022 at 7:30pm at Kens Keyboard.
Eric will contact Kens to have pizza options.

*Motion to adjourn passed at 8:22pm

Meeting Minutes – 2021 November

  • Meeting called to order on 11/2/21, 7:30pm at Potsie’s by Eric.

Secretary’s report: 

  • Sent out via email earlier in October.  Approved as read.

Treasurer’s report:

  • Approved as read by Sheri.
  • Closed CD and deposited into checking account, planning to put into investment account.

Media/Marketing: 

  • Check for club website updates that Frank did recently.

Council Report:

  • Plans to do some brushing on the Gandy Dancer trail.
  • Council is going to sell a brusher and trailer.
  • Stower Trail.  Final judge ruling still pending, likely by 12/11.  Some trail work & signing has been done, but not doing too much until final ruling.  As of now, the Stower trail will be open to snowmobiles after 12/15 pending enough snow accumulation.  Horses have been on there this fall.  Possible trail from club shelter to Stower being planned.

Trail Bosses Report

  • Jeff Jonas & Rick LeRoux volunteered to do Stower trail if it opens up to snowmobiles.
  • Arik Mahler volunteered to do the west side of Dresser from the intersection to Interstate Park.
  • Trail signing starts this Saturday (11/6).  Coordinate with Trail Bosses and make sure to contact landowners first.  Remember to keep track of your hours and turn into your Trail Boss or to Kevin McNutt.  The county gets funding from these hours.

KAOS Youth Club:

  • Safety Training held in October.  41 kids attended.  Our club covered the costs.
  • KAOS club is doing trail signs on Saturday, 11/6, at 9am, meeting at McKenzie Lanes.  Lunch will be provided afterwards for those that help.  Doug Kromrey is in charge.
  • Next meeting is Tuesday, 11/9 at McKenzie Lanes at 7pm.

Old Business:

  • Elections were held after October meeting.  See new officers above.
  • AWSC Fall Workshop was held in the Dells in October.  Dan Carlson received the Snowmobile Friendly Community Award on behalf of our club.

New Business:

  • Stower & Dresser West trail bosses.  We have volunteers, see above.
  • Need a new Social Committee Chair.  It has been Eric Hallen, but looking for someone now that Eric is President.
  • Club Appreciation Party at Eric’s house this Saturday, 11/6 after 5pm.  See email reminder that was sent last week for details.  Food will be provided, BYOB.
  • Hunter’s Party at UW Wanderoos on Thursday, 11/18 at 6pm.  They are looking for volunteers to help.  Eric will get raffle tickets for club members to sell.  Tickets will be handed out at Club Appreciation Party.
  • Club’s Warming Shelter.  Not planning to cut wood this year.  Mark Jessen offered to provide some extra wood for the shelter.
  • Meat Raffle planned for 12/3 at Potsie’s at 6pm.  Fund raiser for the club.  Eric will get the meat at Swanks.  Volunteers needed to help the night of.
  • Board of Directors met to review budget proposal for 2022.  Motion and 2nd to approve 2022 budget as proposed by the Board.  Approved.
  • New 2020-2022 Trail maps are now available.

Trip Committee:

  • Discussed ideas to get more involvement.  Considerations of the club contributing money for food and/or rooms to entice more people.  Likely planning for Hayward again? 

Social Committee:

  • Need a new Social Committee chair.  Volunteers?
  • Club appreciation party at Eric’s this Saturday (11/6).  Club to supply food.  RSVP via facebook or contact Eric for more info.  Address is 605 218th St, Osceola.
  • Deer Hunting Party at UW Wanderoos on 11/18 at 6pm.

Next Meeting: December 7, 2021 at 7:30pm at Hank’s.

Meeting was adjourned at 8:20.

Meeting Minutes – 2021 October

*Meeting called to order on 10/5/21, 7:30pm at UW Wanderoos back bar by Kevin.

Secretary’s report:

· Sent out via email earlier in Sept., Approved as read

Treasurer’s report:

· Approved as read, Sheri was absent

· Reviewed Fair profits after 15% paid to Fair Board

Media/Marketing:

· Mark Kuhl website, Eric Hallen facebook

· Meeting dates, meeting minutes and contact info could be added to web page.

Council Report:

· Bridges on Cat Tail to be worked on.

· Stower Trail ruling next week?

Trail Bosses Report:

· Need Dresser west Trail Boss, let Kevin know if interested.

· Duane would like orange reflective tape/ribbon for quick trip landscaping area.

· Kevin answered questions from Lotus Lakes Homeoweners on Stower trail issues and referred to snowmobiling deputy.

· Trail signing next month, Turn in hours

· May need Stower trail boss, Chris volunteered.

Youth Club:

· Next meeting in October 12, 2021, McKenzie Lanes 7pm

· Safety Training 10/18,19&21, 6:30-9pm Intermediate School, notification in paper, Facebook and WI DNR Go Wild. Club covers costs. 30 books on order.

Old Business:

· AWSC Fall workshop is 10/22-24 at WI Dells. Club reimburses $100/family, $50/individual

· Memberships expired the end of June so time to renew for 2021-2022 season. 161 Memberships last year.

· Osceola Community Fair booth was a success, Thanks to all volunteers. Weather was great and helped with sales. Pretty much ran out of everything by the end. No turkey legs on Sunday. Need to do better at getting volunteers lined up in advance as several people did double jobs etc.

New Business:

· Club President and Secretary positions and 2 board positions will expire at end of this meeting. Elections will be held following the meeting.

· Board budget discussions/review end of October meeting for review at November meeting.

· Some items noted for budgeting PA system, propane grill, mop, floor matts for fair booth, custom trail signs for intersections.

· New 2020-2022 Trail maps are now available.

Trip Committee:

· Need a new committee and ideas here. Hayward 7 Winds casino seems like a doable location.

· Could club sponsor a pizza party or put $ toward room costs to encourage club participation?

Social Committee:

· Club appreciation party/picnic moved from June to 11/6 trail signing to be held at Eric Hallen’s. Eric to provide drinks BYOB and Club to supply food. RSVP via facebook or contact Eric for more info.

· 11/18 Deer Hunting Party at UW Wanderoos.

Next Meeting: November 2, 2021 at 7:30pm at Potsies (previously Sues) .

Club Elections held following meeting:

· Eric Hallen will become club president, Cyndi Sommerfeldt will retain Secretary role, Rhett Larson and Jason Raska will become Board members. All have been added to the heading of these meeting minutes.

Meeting Minutes – February 2017

OSCEOLA VALLEY SNO-GOERS
President: Eric Hallen (2017) Vice President: Rick M (2018)
Secretary: Stephanie Harling (2017), Treasurer: Sheri Hoiby (2018)
Board of Directors:  Barb Durand (2018) Rick Leroux (2017) Charlie Greener (2017) Jeff Jonas (2017)
Trail Bosses:  West: Gordy Jones (2017), East: Kirk Larson (2017), Dresser trail: Ken Meyer(2017)
Council Reps:  Mike Tober, Ken Meyer (Alternates: Dave Peterson)

The February meeting was called to order by President Eric Hallen.

The Secretaries report was read and approved

The Treasurer Report was read and approved.

Marketing:

Al and Maria got Friday May 19th reserved at Wandroos for our club party. There were no Saturdays available. However, after further discussion, we realized that was Osceola’s graduation, so they are going to see if they can move it to the Friday before, or any Saturday that is open before that date. Perhaps look at April 29 th , 2017.

The website is up, and he will be posting the minutes. He could use pictures if anyone has some to share. The website is Osceolavalleysnogoers@gmail.com – this will go directly to Al.

Council:

Kenny reported that the Youth Silent auction in March for the convention is looking for donations. We donate $150.00 each year to the Youth Group, and feel they need to take some of that money to buy something for the silent auction.

Please turn in any worksheets as soon as possible.

A snowmobile hit a tree that was down by our shelter, but was not hurt. This tree was taken care of as soon as we found out about it being down, but the snowmobile hit it before we could get out there.

Amery club built a roller out of an old culvert and is trying it out.

The Amery club is having a poker run that starts on 2/18/17 and will run thru 3 consecutive weekends.

All tractors will be serviced at the groomer shack and not at the dealer unless prior approved.

There is a calendar for sale by council.

All fuel barrels will be on wheels so that the council can bring them up to the cattail to use for the groomer up there during the summer.

Trail Boss:

Corn is off on 60th St, but because of no snow we are not going to sign it.

OLD BUSINESS:

The safari is canceled due to lack of snow. Right now you have to go North and East to find snow. Trego, web lake area, as well as Gordon and Hayward was good.

The overnighter is scheduled for Feb 17 th , 2017 there is 4 rooms booked if anyone still wants to use them at the Danbury Casino. 1 smoking and 3 non smoking.

The Meat Raffle was a success. We made $551.00 after expenses. We did 10 rounds of meat, and 10 rounds of drinks and a 50/50 cash drawing. Thanks to all who helped.

Eric received a nice letter from the Military ride thanking us for our donation. The Veterans’ ride will be posted in the Wisconsin magazine, and we will be listed as a sponsor.

Fair Committee – we will need a covered trailer to use temporarily to put the things into from the stand while we do the recovering of the floor. We also need to look for options for a grill, and perhaps look at a catering type of grill.

NEW BUSINESS:

Landowners Dinner is set for April 8 th . Anyone wanting to be on the committee, please let Julie know. We will be having a meeting soon. Al will take care of getting a donation from Polaris again.  A motion was made and passed to up our donations for the Landowners gift from $10.00 to $30.00 this year. This will be sent out with our invitations.

Trail Clean up is set for Saturday April 1 st , 2017

We are looking for members to perhaps take over a section of trail that is close to where they live. You would be responsible for putting the signs up, and taking them down and any cleaning that would need to be done. This would narrow down the large sections that need to be done, if everyone could take a mile or two or a section. See Kirk for this.

AWSC 48 th annual convention is in Milwaukee this year, March 24-26 th , 2017. The club gives $100 per couple to go to help cover the room expense. Al will put this information on the website for anyone wanting more information. There is a voting form for our club to vote, if no one is going, we need to send in the absentee ballot. It will be at the Potawatomi Casino in Milwaukee, WI.

Rick will talk to Scott Carlson to see if the crop reimbursement is the same of if that has changed at all.

Next meeting is Tues. March 7 th , at Tippy Canoes at 7:30.

Meeting adjourned

Meeting Minutes – October 2016

OSCEOLA VALLEY SNO-GOERS

President:  Eric Hallen (2017), Vice President: Rick McGuiggan (2018)

Secretary:  Stephanie Harling (2017), Treasurer: Sheri Hoiby (2018)

Marketing/Asst Treasurer:  Al Schoenborn

Board of Directors:  Charlie Greener, Jeff Jonas, Rick LeRoux (2017), Barb Durand (2018)

Trail Bosses:  West: Gordy Jones (2015), East: Kirk Larson (2015), Dresser trail: Ken Meyer (2017)

Council Reps:  Ken Meyer, Mike Tabor   (Alternates: Arnold Wente, Roger Peterson)

 

October 4th , 2016 Meeting Notes

The October Meeting was called to order by President Eric Hallen

Secretary’s report was read and approved

Treasurers report was read and approved.

Council’s Report:

Greg is resigning at the council, and election next meeting. He has put in over 20 years and we thank him for his dedication to representing our club and the council.

They are going to modify the easements and take out the word base. It will read need at least 6 inches of snow, not a 6 inch base.

There is still brushing to do from on the trail from Clear Lake to Clayton.

There is a DNR survey called SCORP – that is used for to help the government decide who gets what when someone is applying for a grant. It is for hikers, ATV riders, snowmobile riders – need to on and take this survey.

The Gandy Dancer is going to start logging this spring south of the Burnett County Line.  It is a 2 year contract and eventually will be going all the way South to St Croix Falls.

In the future, a GPS unit will be installed in all of the groomers. This will give a more accurate count of the groomed trails that is being turned in. They will know where the tractor is at all times.

Youth Club:

No news, except they still meet at McKenzie Lanes the 2 nd Monday of every month.

The snowmobile safety course is coming up now in October at the school.

Trail Boss:

We need to do some brushing in Dresser by the gravel pit. Tentative date was set to work on that Sat November 5th . We will confirm this at the next meeting.

No cutting of wood is necessary for the shelter this year, we have plenty.

November 12th , is tentative date for the Trail Opening. This will be confirmed at the next meeting.

Sherri will get the post cards printed for the landowners letting them know that we are going to be doing the trail opening. Julie will help her in getting these ready to mail.

Old Business:

Fair – Barb reported that everything went well. We got the help in those open spots that we needed help for.

A motion was made and seconded to use $200 to get some shirts and hats for the landowner’s dinner in April for door prizes.

Social Committee: Nothing to report

Landowners Dinner: Nothing to report – need to set a date and place in the near future.

If you not on a committee, please see Eric and sign up.

Meeting was adjourned

 

Election of Officers Results:

Vice President: Rick McGuiggan

Treasurer: Sheri Hoiby

Marketing/Assistant Treasurer: Al Schoenborn

Council Rep: Mike Tabor

Board of Directors: Barb Durand.

Meeting Minutes – Sept 2016

OSCEOLA VALLEY SNO-GOERS

President: Eric Hallen (2017) Vice President: Al Schoenborn (2016)

Secretary: Stephanie Harling (2017), Treasurer: Sheri Hoiby (2016)

Board of Directors:  Rick McGuiggan (2017), Charlie Greener, Jeff Jonas (2016) Jason Raska (2016)

Trail Bosses:  West: Gordy Jones (2015), Kirk Larson (2015), Dresser trail: Ken Meyer (2017)

Council Reps:  Greg Swanson, Ken Meyer   (Alternates: Arnold Wente, Roger Peterson)

 

September 6th 2016 at Wanderoos

The September 6th, 2016 meeting was called to order by President Eric Hallen.

The Secretary’s report: was read and approved

Treasurer’s Report: was read and approved.

Council Report: Nothing to report

Youth Report: Nothing to report.

Trail Boss Report: Nothing to report.

Old Business: Eric to follow up on the Snowmobile drags for Big Lake

New Business:  Sue’s Bar and Grill will be holding a meat raffle the first Friday of every month,  Osceola Sno-goers has been asked to sponsor a raffle, the club proposed and accepted to do the meat raffle in February 2017.

There are two positions open, Eric and Al will be meeting on this.

Trip Committee:  We are looking at Solon Springs again because it’s a fun trip.  Open to any suggestions just let us know.

Fair Committee:  Barb stated we were asked to supply candy for the parade, it was proposed and accepted to donate $200 in candy.

Nominating Committee:  We need to meet.

Landowner Dinner:  Nothing to report

Meeting was adjourned

Next meeting is on Tues. October 4th at Pottings Bar 7:30pm

Meeting Minutes – August 2016

OSCEOLA VALLEY SNO-GOERS

President: Eric Hallen (2017) Vice President: Al Schoenborn (2016)

Secretary: Stephanie Harling (2017), Treasurer: Sheri Hoiby (2016)

Board of Directors:  Rick McGuiggan (2017), Charlie Greener, Jeff Jonas (2016) Jason Raska (2016)

Trail Bosses:  West: Gordy Jones (2015), Kirk Larson (2015), Dresser trail: Ken Meyer (2017)

Council Reps:  Greg Swanson, Ken Meyer   (Alternates: Arnold Wente, Roger Peterson)

 

August 2, 2016 at Wanderoos

The August 2, 2016 meeting was called to order by President Eric Hallen.

The Secretary’s report: was read and approved

Treasurer’s Report: was read and approved.

Council Report: Nothing to report

Youth Report: Osceola could possibly being looking for a youth ambassador.

Trail Boss Report: Nothing to report.

Old Business: Roger Peterson is Cancer FREE!

New Business:  Fair sign-up sheets are here and available for sign ups.  Sherri mentioned food handling training. We really need volunteers for the fair.

*AWSC trail passes, start thinking about ordering now before the big rush. This process seems to take awhile.

*A proposal has been mentioned to sponsor the Big Lake Snowmobile Ice Drags, approximately 200 participants for the event. Eric will find out more.

Trip Committee:  We are looking at Solon Springs again because it’s a fun trip.  Open to any suggestions just let us know.

Fair Committee: Talked about getting another charcoal grill, need some ceiling fans and the sinks clog.

Nominating Committee:  We need to  meet.

Meeting was adjourned

Next meeting is on Tues. September 6th at the Osceola Booth at 6:30 pm.

Meeting Minutes – March 2016

OSCEOLA VALLEY SNO-GOERS

President: Eric Hallen (2017)

Vice President: Al Schoenborn(2016)

Secretary: Stephanie Harling (2017),

Treasurer: Sheri Hoiby (2016)

Board of Directors:  Rick McGuiggan (2017), Charlie Greener, Jeff Jonas (2016) Jason Raska (2016)

Trail Bosses:  West: Gordy Jones (2015), Kirk Larson (2015), Dresser trail: Ken Meyer (2017)

Council Reps:  Greg Swanson, Ken Meyer   (Alternates:  Arnold Wente, Roger Peterson)

 

Tues. March 2nd, 2016 at Tippy Canoe’s

The meeting was called to order by President Eric Hallen

Secretaries Report:  was read and approved

Treasurer’s Report:  was read and approved

Council Report: Kenney Meyer reported that the council would like to start a petition (online and paper) for the Dresser to Amery trail for motor use.

  • Council is looking at starting an ATV club at Wanderoos and surrounding area.
  • Council also looking at legal age to drive groomers.
  • Wolf Creek is holding a meat raffle March 19th at 10:30 AM to Noon
  • Sign orders need to be by March but no later than April
  • Now that trails are closed it would be a good time to get some brushing done.
  • If landowners need sign talk to Kenny

Trail Boss Report: Trails are closed; we plan on having signs down by April 9th, 2016.  There was some discussion of placing signs/gates at certain trailheads to detour riders from riding on closed trails, for example Horse Creek and Pottings.

Youth Ride: CAOS now has a new Facebook page.

Old Business:  We now pay the $10  AWSC membership fee for the landowners that request it.  So far there are only five that have requested it.    So if they want to be a member, they need to contact the snowmobile club.  They need to be a member for the snowmobile trail pass to get the lesser fee.

The Safari in Solon springs was a great success.  We had about 23, and some that joined us later, and also that stopped in for a visit and to ride.

New Business:  Our Club membership dues are due.

  • There is a Go Fund Me Page for Roger Peterson, as he has cancer in his lymph node on the side of his neck.  A motion was made and passed to donate $200 to him.  Roger is not doing well, so please send your prayers for him.
  • On a lighter note, Steve Wente is doing well had his last round of chemo. Keep Steve in your prayers as well for a speedy recovery.
  • The CCRE meeting was March 3rd at 10:30am at the Polk County Office.  This is to open up the railroad bed. We need to get as many of us as we can together as the opposition has several people against it. Please contact Rick McGuiggan for more information and when the next meeting is being held.  LET’S FILL THE ROOM WITH CLUB MEMBERS!
  • Julie McGuiggan brought order forms for the Sweatshirt and t-shirt orders.  Hope everyone was able to order that wanted to.  If not, let us know if we get enough requests for another order we can do it again.

Nominating Committee:  There will be two positions open this year, Sherri and Al are up. If you are interested in any position, please let Eric know and we will set up a mentorship so you know what your job responsibilities would be, and know more about the position before you are elected into it for a two year term.

Social Committee: Due to no snow, again, this year, Eric mentioned in the meeting about having a Spring Picnic.  We have not been able to get together as a club now for a couple years so we thought about a picnic at Wanderoos.

Fair Committee: Nothing to report on now.

Landowners Dinner:  Julie reported the Landowners Dinner is April 16th at Pottings.  We have the main dish covered, we are asking for your help with salads and desserts.

Meeting was adjourned

Meeting Minutes — February 2016

OSCEOLA VALLEY SNO-GOERS

President: Eric Hallen (2017) Vice President: Al Schoenborn(2016)

 Secretary: Stephanie Harling (2017), Treasurer: Sheri Hoiby (2016)

Board of Directors:  Rick McGuiggan(2017), Charlie Greener,  Jeff Jonas (2016)  Jason Raska (2016)

Trail Bosses:  West :Gordy Jones (2015), Kirk Larson (2015), Dresser trail: Ken Meyer (2017)

Council Reps:  Greg Swanson, Ken Meyer   (Alternates:  Arnold Wente, Roger Peterson)

Tues. February 9th, 2016 at UW Wandroos

The meeting was called to order by President Eric Hallen

Secretaries Report:  was read and approved

Treasurer’s Report:  was read and approved

Council Report: Kenney Meyer reported that the council is looking at a grader for the Gandy Dancer and Cat Tail and also a brusher.  There is talk about OWI, and being able to tie it to your license if caught riding your snowmobile.

Trail Boss Report: Gordy wants to do some brushing over by Trollhaugen.  Kirk said that we need to put a ribbon by Jason Mork’s Driveway, and to please go around the end of his driveway.  There was a question as to if the antique sleds need a trail pass, you would need to contact the AWSC on that.  If they are driven on the trails, you probably will need a pass.  On Heichel’s land we need some ribbon on the fence between the blazers, and on Boucher’s we need another blazer or two by the trees at the sharp corner before the open field.  The intersection signs are now up.

Youth Ride: They had their group snowmobile ride last weekend and it went well.  They will be taking over a section of trail in Centuria to sign and take care of.

Old Business:  The trail passes are now taking about a week to get.  You can get the number off your AWSC membership card, or off your AWSC magazine that comes in the mail.  Please check the expiration date on your card, most of the club memberships expire in March 2016.

We now pay the $10  AWSC membership fee for the landowners that request it.  So far there are only five that have requested it.    So if they want to be a member, they need to contact the snowmobile club.  They need to be a member for the snowmobile trail pass to get the lesser fee.

The Safari in Solon springs was a great success.  We had about 23, and some that joined us later, and also that stopped in for a visit and to ride.

New Business: The trails are closed.  When we get the open or closed notice we will put it out to everyone in an email, and try to get it on Facebook also right away.

The scholarship is in the works.  We are just waiting for the applicants to get their applications in, and then the school will notify us to go thru them.  If anyone is interested in being on the committee, please let Julie McGuiggan know.

The Landowners list needs to be gone thru with Gordy, Ken, and Kirk and update them soon, before the invites are sent out for the landowner’s dinner. Please have these done by the next meeting.  We did not do the Landowners gift cards at Christmas this year, so we will do something once the list is together, and before the Landowners dinner, or at the dinner.

There is a Go Fund Me Page for Roger Peterson, as he has cancer in his lymph node on the side of his neck.  A motion was made and passed to donate $200 to him.  Roger is not doing well, so please send your prayers for him.

On a lighter note, Steve Wente is doing well, and was able to attend the meeting tonight.  It was good to see Steve back with the snowmobile group.

The overnighter is going to be held on Fri. February 26-27 in Danbury Casino.  There are 4 rooms reserved under Eric Hallen’s name, and it is in the old part of the motel.  Depending on the snow conditions, plans are to meet at Sue’s Bar and Grill to ride, or if we need to we can trailer them to Centuria to ride from there.  Eric will send out an email with more details as it gets closer, or if you have any questions please contact Eric.     There is a Vintage Snowmobile Show on Sat the 27th at Whitetail and also Lawnmower Races on the 27th at Sweeney’s, so activities to do on Sat while you are up there.

The CCRE meeting was canceled and is rescheduled for next wed Feb 17th at 9:00 am at the Polk County Office.  This is to open up the railroad bed, and we need as many people to come as possible, as the opposition is going to have several people there against it. Please contact Rick McGuiggan if you are interested, or able to go.

Julie McGuiggan brought up that several members are  wanting more sweatshirts and t-shirts made.  She contacted Somerset and will get this going and send out an email to all members.  These will have to be paid for ahead of time, and you will be able to pay on paypal.  Sherri will give the address to do that, and it will be on the form.  It will take about 3 weeks, and there will be a deadline on this to order.

Nominating Committee:  There will be two positions open this year, Sherri and Al are up. If you are interested in any position, please let Eric know and we will set up a mentorship so you know what your job responsibilities would be, and know more about the position before you are elected into it for a two year term.

Social Committee: The fun day at the shelter was scheduled for this Sat, but it has been canceled for now, due to snowmobile trails being closed and the cold weather coming in.  We will throw out an email if we can reschedule it to another weekend.  Tentatively we will see if Feb 20th works.

Fair Committee: Nothing to report on now.

Landowners Dinner:  Julie will put together a meeting to make plans.  Discussion as to if we should try to have it at Wandroos this year and rotate between Potting’s and Wandroos, due to being fair for the Landowners.  The committee will decide and send out an update.  If anyone wants to join the committee please contact Julie McGuiggan.

We have 4 new members and their family’s and  we welcome them to our club. They are Mike Tetzloff, Matt Sedioux & Family, Eric Strigelund & Family, and Michael Erdman & Fmaily. (sorry if I miss spelled your names)

Jeff Jonas – won the $20 raffle from Wandroos at the meeting that Tammi donated.

Meeting was adjourned

Next Meeting is Tues March 1st at Tippy Canoes

Notes taken by Julie McGuiggan for Stephanie Harling.