Meeting Minutes – September 2018

Osceola Valley Sno-Goers

Sept 5th, 2018 at Osceola Fair Grounds

The September 5th, 2018 meeting was called to order by President Kevin McNutt.

The Secretary’s report: was read and approved by Kevin McNutt

The Treasurer’s report: was read and approved by Sherri Hoiby

Media/Marketing: Nothing to report (Al not present)

Council:  A lot of the council meeting was discussing the Gandy ride and the Stower Trail. If they buy a 9 foot drag, the county will get extra money per mile for grooming. There is still need to get some brushing done between Clear Lake and Clayton, and they are working with a Forester on that project. The ATV ride was a success with 54 units participating, and they raised $4,000 for the Battered Women’s Shelter in Milltown, WI.

Trail Boss: We need to make sure that we have easements signed, and have to get one for the new Horse Creek Store Owners. We also have to get the replacement Landowners signs done; Rick is in charge of this.

Youth Club: The next meeting is Sept 11th, at the McKenzie Lanes. The club is mostly seniors this year, so we need to get more kids involved. They are doing a float for the Osceola Parade. Reminder that the October is the snowmobile safety training.

Old Business: The club donated $300 towards the playground equipment at the Osceola Medical Center. We received a nice thank you. No firm dates are set yet, but this will be constructed next spring, due to Contractor conflicts.

The Stower Seven Lakes Trail – there was a good showing at the public hearing, however, there were not enough people that actually spoke from the motorized group, and we were outnumbered by the non-motorized people who took the mic and talked.   The Committee decided to have the leave the Cattail Trail as multi-use and added horses. The Stower Seven Lakes Trail vote was to have it non-motorized in the summer, and snowmobiles in the winter. It then went to the environmental committee, who voted the same, so the next is the Polk County Board, who can still change it. They meet on Sept 18th at 6:00 pm.

Kevin will put together a letter to use, and we can reply all, and agree to go to the Polk County Board, and Kirk will do the same for the ATV club. We need to be “United”. There is a grant available from the State Transportation Department to use to limestone it, if we have to pay the money back to use it.

Memberships are due by Oct 1st. $15 individual and $20 family. We want to send these in all at one time, as we are charged a fee each time we send them in.

They are proposing a time frame for the trail passes, and want them to expire on June 30th, and this will be voted on at the AWSC meeting that will be held in March 2019.

The Fair schedule still has some openings that we need to fill from 4:00 – 8:00 on Saturday, and after the parade. Duane will get the coolers for the pop, and the cool guys cooler for us. We are number 40 and 41 for the parade line up on Sunday.

NEW BUSINESS:

The vintage snowmobile show will be held this year on Dec 1st (?) at Trollhaugen.

The nominating committee – is in search of replacement for Board of Directors, Vice President, and Treasurer.

The new postcards with the new dates of the meetings will be available at the fair.

Our next meeting will be held on Tues. Oct 2nd 2018 at 7:30 pm at Tippy Canoes

Notes taken by Julie McGuiggan

Advertisements

Meeting Minutes – April 2018

Osceola Valley Sno-Goers

April 3rd, 2018 at Sue’s Bar

President: Kevin McNutt (2019)

Vice President: Rick McGuiggan (2018)

Secretary: Stephanie Harling (2019)

Treasurer: Sherri Hoiby (2018)

Board of Directors: Barb Durand (2018), Jeff Jonas (2019), Charlie Greener (2019), Mark Kuhl (2019)

Marketing/Website/Assistant Treasurer: Al Schoenborn (2018)

Council Reps: Brad McGuiggan (2019), Eric Hallen (2019)

Trail Bosses: West- Gordy Jones, East – Kirk Larson, Dresser East – Kevin McNutt, Dresser West – Ken Meyer

Meeting called to order by President Kevin McNutt

Secretary’s report: Read and approved

Treasurer’s report: Sheri was unable to make it to the meeting.

Media/Marketing: Nothing to report.

Council Report:
Eric reported Polk County now has a website page for ATV/Snowmobile trails
Clayton to Clear Lake trail name Pineville trail
We need to mark the trails better on the lakes
Groomer’s dinner was held and the “Golden Shovel” went to our very own Kirk Johnson.

Trail Boss Report:
Gordy: We need to take down signs soon, due to the weather we are thinking the end of
April possibly first week in May. We will send out an email. Also we need to update the
Landowner’s signs.
Rick: Amery/Dresser trail will have two public meetings this summer. One in Osceola
and one in Amery. It is imperative that everyone attend that can to support our
motorized trails. This decision to be decided on by October 2018. Please help us with
this effort to open this trail up again.
Also while you are out pulling signs, please keep a lookout for any broken posts in the
fields. These can be harmful to tires, tractors, and farm equipment. Let’s make sure to
pick them up and possibly dig them out if need be.

Youth Club: The youth club is trying to get their license to sell raffle tickets. They have been given a trial run. They are holding a 50/50 raffle for a $1000.00 grand prize only 100 tickets will be sold. Tickets are $20 per ticket. Drawing will be May 7 th , no need to be present to win.  Next Youth Club (KAOS) meeting April 10th at McKenzie Lanes.

Old Business:
Kevin McNutt and son Carter attended Spring convention in Green Bay on March 24th . Kevin reported that SNARS will be mandated for next year. Trails will require GPS mapping. Amery/Dresser trail was discussed as well. Please watch for meetings in the newspaper and attend as many as you can to help support our motorized trails.
A HUGE Thank you to our Groomers!!! Thank you for AMAZING trails and ALL your time
you devoted for us! Thank you!
AMMENDMENT: March 2018 minutes should have included the club’s decision to have
only one scholarship this year in the amount of $500.

New Business:
Landowners dinner April 14th, at Wanderoos (Dinner was cancelled due to inclimate
weather.  Rescheduled as a landowner’s appreciation luncheon on Sunday
May 6th. Cocktails from noon to 1, eat at 1:00pm.)
If you have used any of your own equipment for the club, PLEASE give your hours to
your trail boss. They are tracking hours per club and the club with the most hours could
win equipment for the club.
Amery to Dresser trail was mentioned and talked about at convention. Let keep getting
the word out!
Scholarship will be handed out by Kevin McNutt Monday May 14th. We had five
applicants.

Trip Committee: Nothing to report

Social Committee:
Landowners dinner April 14th, at Wanderoos (Dinner was cancelled due to inclimate
weather.  Rescheduled as a landowner’s appreciation luncheon on Sunday
May 6th. Cocktails from noon to 1, eat at 1:00pm.)
Al mentioned having the Club Spring Party May 12th at Wanderoos with food catered in.

*******Please review these committees and contact Julie McGuiggan or Suzy Wente if you are interested in volunteering. Jump in and be a part of your club we need everyone’s help and it’s a great way to get to know new people make GREAT FRIENDS!!! **********

Next Meeting: May 1st, 2018 at 7:30pm Osceola Lanes. Meeting adjourned.

Meeting Minutes – March 2018

Osceola Valley Sno-Goers

February 6th, 2018 at UW Wanderoos

President: Kevin McNutt (2019)

Vice President: Rick McGuiggan (2018)

Secretary: Stephanie Harling (2019)

Treasurer: Sherri Hoiby (2018)

Board of Directors: Barb Durand (2018), Jeff Jonas (2019), Charlie Greener (2019), Mark Kuhl (2019)

Marketing/Website/Assistant Treasurer: Al Schoenborn (2018)

Council Reps: Brad McGuiggan (2019), Eric Hallen (2019)

Trail Bosses: West- Gordy Jones, East – Kirk Larson, Dresser East – Kevin McNutt, Dresser West – Ken Meyer

Meeting called to order by President Kevin McNutt

Secretary’s report: Read and approved

Treasurer’s report: Read and approved

Media/Marketing: Nothing to report.

Council Report:  Eric reported Groomer’s banquet to be held March 15th, 2018

  • Maintenance money is available
  • Nye survey to be done 2019 back to master plan
  • Convention is coming up

 

Trail Boss Report:

Gordy: April is coming so time to pull signs. Will decide date and time next meeting. Need wood for the shelter, so when we cut the trees haul it to the shelter

Rick: Trees are down so bring chainsaws when pulling signs. Will need sign work next year and need landowner’s signs for next year.

Ken: Branch down at Michael’s gate.

Youth Club: Youth trip to Mercer, WI. 5 dads and 10 kids. They had a good ride. Fun times.

Old Business:

Meat raffles were a success. Thank you to everyone who volunteered and who supported them.

Thank you everyone who helped with grooming trails.

New Business:

 Landowners dinner will be dinner only, no additional gifts or monies this year.

Trip Committee: Nothing to report

Social Committee:

Landowners dinner April 14th, at UW Wanderoos. More info to come next meeting.

Club Spring party. More to come next meeting.

*******Please review these committees and contact Julie McGuiggan or Suzy Wente if you are interested in volunteering. Jump in and be a part of your club. We need everyone’s help and it’s a great way to get to know new people and make GREAT FRIENDS!!! **********

Next Meeting: April 3rd, 2018 at 7:30pm at Sue’s Bar & Grill in East Farmington

Meeting adjourned.

 

Meeting Minutes – February 2018

Osceola Valley Sno-Goers

February 6th, 2018 at UW Wanderoos

President: Kevin McNutt

Vice President: Rick McGuiggan

Secretary: Stephanie Harling

Treasurer: Sherri Hoiby

Board of Directors: Barb Durand, Jeff Jonas, Charlie Greener, Mark Kuhl

Marketing/Website/Assistant Treasurer: Al Schoenborn

Council Reps: Brad McGuiggan, Eric Hallen

Trail Bosses: West- Gordy Jones, East – Kirk Larson, Dresser East – Kevin McNutt, Dresser West – Ken Meyer

 

The February meeting was called to order by Vice President Rick McGuiggan

The Secretary’s report was read and approved with amendment of the Club ride is on Feb. 10th and not March 10th.

Treasurer’s report was read and approved.  We are right on track for our budget.  We made $776.00 after expenses from the meat raffle at UW Wanderoos, and $565.00 from the meat raffle at Sues.

Council Report:

  • They are working on a website for the county trails that are open and also information on the clubs that are in our county.
  • There is a bridge that needs to be replaced by North of Turtle Lake, so they are going to bring the bridge from the Indianhead Trail from their section that was closed to use.  This should help with the water going over the road bridge there.
  • They are looking at getting a trail marking book, so that all the clubs in the county will have the same guidelines for setting up the trails.
  • Keep track of your hours, maintenance without grooming, and the club with the most hours they are going to give away a chain saw.
  • Amery Poker run goes until Feb 17th.
  • They are working on a separate ATV map for the county this summer, and it will include all the legal roads of the township to ride.

Trail Boss;

  • Merlin Schmidt had a snowmobiler run down his driveway.  Rick went out and marked it.  We need to keep an eye on people that are not on the designated trails.
  • Trail signs – if you notice any signs missing on the trails, please let one of the trail boss’s know to get it replaced.

Youth Club – Nothing to report

Media:

  • Al posted a map of the sponsors on our website and it already got a lot of hits.   We did have one that did not get put on the map.  If there are any others, please let Al know.

Old Business:

  • The club safari ride was at Prentice – 5 rooms were booked.  This was a quick switch from Solon Springs due to lack of snow.  Thursday and Friday were good, Saturday and Sunday they headed west and they were great!
  • Perhaps look at going to Park Falls next year.
  • The meat raffles went well.  Each raffle we did 2 meats and 2 drinks, and we did 2 50/50 raffles.  Sue donated some t-shirts and hats.  Pissy also did some trivia questions that were fun for a drink.
  • The Shelter ride is this Sat Feb 10th, 2018 meet at the shelter at 9:00 am if you want to ride.  We will do a 1 ½ to 2 hour loop and be back around noon to the shelter for hot dogs and chips.  Bring what you want to drink and snacks to share.  (This was a GREAT turnout!)
  • March 23rd – 25th, is the 49th AWSC annual convention at Green Bay, I.  The club will reimburse anyone that wants to go $100 towards your room.  You also will be our voting member.

New Business:

  • We welcome Kevin Anderson who is a new member, and we have Doug Johnson here tonight who is a past AWSC president, and also was our voting delegate for several years at the AWSC convention.  Welcome!
  • Landowners Dinner – we will have the Landowners dinner this year, and it will be held at UW Wanderoos Outback on Sat. April 10th, 2017.  We may ask them to RSVP this year, as the show of landowners has been very small in the past.  Stay tuned for Committee Meeting to plan this.

Meeting adjourned

Next Meeting is Tues March 6th, 2018 at Woodhill in Dresser, WI

Meeting notes taken by : Julie McGuiggan for Stephanie Harling

Meeting Minutes – January 2018

Osceola Valley Sno-Goers

President:  Kevin McNutt (2019), Vice President:  Rick McGuiggan (2018)

Secretary:  Stephanie Harling (2019), Treasurer:  Sheri Hoiby (2018)

Board of Directors:  Barb Durand (2018), Mark Kuhl (2019),

Charlie Greener (2019), Jeff Jonas (2019)

Media/Marketing:  Al Schoenborn

Trail Bosses:  West- Gordy Jones, East- Kirk Larson,

Dresser West- Ken Meyer, Dresser East- Kevin McNutt

Council Reps:  Brad McGuiggan (2019), Eric Hallen (2019)

 

Meeting called to order by President Kevin McNutt

Secretary’s report:  Read and approved

Treasurer’s report: Read and approved

Media/Marketing:  Nothing to report.

Council Report:  Brad McGuiggan reported Gandy Dancer and Cattail trails opened this week.

Trail Boss Report:

Gordy: Make sure to turn your time in to the trail bosses.  The swamp area is needing some attention, Gordy needs help getting this cleared, please contact him if you can help.  Also please watch if signs are down on the trail, or if signs need to be replaced.

Youth Club:  Nothing to report

Old Business:  

  • New resolution adopted, those that do not own snowmobiles but donate their time should receive a free membership.
  • Please check Landowner signs if they are damaged or need replaced.
  • Reimbursement for liability insurance.

New Business:

  • Cattail and Gandy Dancer are OPEN!!!
  • Membership dues need to be paid to Sheri.
  • We have had some requests from businesses to advertise on our website.  More discussion to follow.  Businesses that have paid to advertise on the map we will list their businesses as trail sponsors on our web-site.
  • MEAT RAFFLE JANUARY 19th at 6pm WANDEROOS!!!!  We need help with this event please take some time to come help out the club.  Thank you…
  • MEAT RAFFLE Februaray 2nd at 6pm Sue’s Bar and Grill (This is the Busch Challenge weekend) We will need some help with this event as well.  This one could be a huge one for us!  Please come out and support your club, volunteer to help and also COME HAVE FUN!
  • Snow, we need snow

Trip Committee:  

  • CLUB SAFARI  Jan 26-27 at Solon Springs 15 rooms have been blocked under Osceola Sno-Goers
  • Rooms facing roadside @87.90 per night
  • Rooms facing lakeside @119.90 per night Anyone who would like to come early (Thursday) or stay Sunday those nights are $60/each
  • To reserve your room, call 715-378-4444 make sure to reference the club’s name to get the discounted price.
  • More about the overnighter at next meeting.

Social Committee:  PRAY FOR SNOW!!!!!

  • March 10th  is our shelter ride.
  • PRAY FOR SNOW!!!

Fair Committee:  Nothing to report

Landowners Dinner:  Nothing to report

*******Please review these committees and contact Julie McGuiggan or Suzy Wente if you are interested in volunteering.  Jump in and be a part of your club we need everyone’s help and it’s a great way to get to know new people make GREAT FRIENDS!!! **********

Next Meeting February 6th, 2018 at UW Wanderoos

Meeting adjourned.

Meeting Minutes – December 2017

 

Osceola Valley Sno-Goers

President: Kevin McNutt (2019), Vice President:  Rick McGuiggan (2018)

Secretary:  Stephanie Harling (2019), Treasurer:  Sheri Hoiby (2018)

Board of Directors:  Barb Durand (2018), Mark Kuhl (2019),

Charlie Greener (2019), Jeff Jonas (2019)

Media/Marketing:  Al Schoenborn

Trail Bosses:  West- Gordy Jones, East- Kirk Larson, Dresser West- Ken Meyer, Dresser East- Kevin McNutt

Council Reps:  Brad McGuiggan, Eric Hallen (alternate)

 

Meeting called to order by President Kevin McNutt

Secretary’s Report:  Read and approved

Treasurer’s Report: Read and approved

Media/Marketing:  Al posted Facebook pictures from marking trails and the vintage snowmobile show.

Council Report:  Eric reported Polk county to open trails December 11th providing we have snow.  Reminded us of the 6-inch frozen ground rule for the Gandy Dancer trail.

Trail Boss Report:

  • Gordy: Make sure to turn your time in to the trail bosses.  There is still standing corn behind Sue’s.  There will be a short section of 60th Avenue west of County Road M / County Road K intersection that we will need to ride on the shoulder of the road due to lack of land access.  Dresser trails are good.  Signs need to be placed for the fields that have not been cleared yet.

Youth Club:  Nothing to report

Old Business:  Dues need to be submitted.  See Sheri Hoiby

  • Stower trail is still in limbo.  DNR still in limbo on who will maintain the trail.
  • Snowmobile maps will not include ATV routes.  Please check each county for their map.

New Business:

  • Need someone to deliver check to Open Cupboard (Rick)
  • Rick proposed a new resolution and club agreed.  Those that do not own snowmobiles but wish to donate their time and participate in club activities will not be charged a free membership (will not be members of AWSC).
  • Snow, we need snow

Trip Committee:  

  • CLUB SAFARI:  Jan 26-27 at Solon Springs 15 rooms have been blocked under Osceola Sno-Goers
  • Rooms facing roadside @87.90 per night
  • Rooms facing lakeside @119.90 per night Anyone who would like to come early (Thursday) or stay Sunday those nights are $60/each
  • To reserve your room, call 715-378-4444 make sure to reference the club’s name to get the discounted price.
  • More about the overnighter in Danbury at next meeting

Social Committee:  PRAY FOR SNOW!!!!!

Fair Committee:  Nothing to report

Landowners Dinner:  Nothing to report

*******Please review these committees and contact Julie McGuiggan or Suzy Wente if you are interested in volunteering.  Jump in and be a part of your club we need everyone’s help and it’s a great way to get to know new people make GREAT FRIENDS!!! **********

Next Meeting January 2nd, 2018 at Sue’s Bar and Grill in East Farmington

Meeting adjourned.

Meeting Minutes – November 2017

Osceola Valley Sno-Goers

President: Kevin McNutt (2019), Vice President:  Rick McGuiggan (2018)

Secretary:  Stephanie Harling (2019), Treasurer:  Sheri Hoiby (2018)

Board of Directors:  Barb Durand (2018), Mark Kuhl (2019),

Charlie Greener (2019), Jeff Jonas (2019)

Trail Bosses:  West- Gordy Jones, East- Kirk Larson, Dresser- Ken Meyer/Kevin McNutt

Council Reps:  Brad McGuiggan, Eric Hallen (alternate)

The November 7th, 2018 meeting was called to order by President Kevin McNutt.

The Secretary’s report: was read and approved.

The Treasurer’s report: was read and approved.

Media and Marketing: It was suggested to send pics of the youth snowmobile class to the paper and to post on our website and Facebook page.

Council: Eric Hallen reported:

  • The county purchased a 3-pt brush mower.
  • Rates for trails assistance have gone up to $300.00 per mile.  PLEASE keep track of your hours, anyone using the groomer, ATV’s etc. to help with trail grooming please turn them in.
  • SCORP for recording time, AWSC report for volunteer time.
  • Stower Seven Lakes Trail is still in Limbo.
  • Most county roads open as ATV routes.  Check with each township for ATV routes.
  • Polk County is looking for an ATV Liaison; Highway meetings are once a year.  This person would be the voice for the ATV group.  If interested please notify Eric Hallen.

Trail Bosses:  November 11th we will be meeting to place the trail signs.  Gordy is meeting at Sue’s at 8AM, Ken is meeting at Trollhaugen gravel pit at 9am, and Kevin is meeting at 9am

Youth Club:  Youth club placed signs from Centuria to Balsam Lake.  Next Youth meeting will be November 14th at McKenzie Lanes.

28 youth turned out for the youth snowmobile safety class.  A HUGE Thank You to Duane Wolter for helping with the class.

Old Business:  

  • New Positions:

President: Kevin McNutt

Secretary: Stephanie Harling

Board of Directors: Mark Kuhl

Council Reps:  Brad McGuiggan and Eric Hallen

A HUGE Thank you to all who give their time for our club.  Thank you for taking the positions.

  • The letter to the Fair board was sent out, notifying then of our decision to not do the truck pulls next year.
  • Kevin went to the Stower trail meeting.  He reported that 12 to 3 are in favor of the trail and for multi-use of the trail.  However the question is who is going to manage the trail?  Comments were the public is heavily in favor and emails, letters and meeting attendance has shown that.  Thanks to everyone who has help to support the trail.

New Business:

  • Meeting times were discussed, possibly changing time from 7:30pm to 7:00pm, more to come.
  • Al had mentioned that the last 2 years we have had a spring party due to no snow.  Do we want to continue having the party?  We will re-visit more near spring.
  • Sheri reported the budget for the year Nov. 1st 2017 to Oct. 31st 2018.  Club has decided not to do the truck pulls so we need to look at expenses.  We will still be doing food booths at the fair.  Discussed doing some meat raffles.  More to come.
  • Budget was approved.

Trip Committee:  Danbury had a fire.  We are looking for someplace to go for our overnighter trip.  Any suggestions?

Social Committee:  Spring Fling party.  Club voted to pay for own drinks if budget did not allow, but club would like to still do the party in the spring.

Meeting was adjourned.

NEXT MEETING DECEMBER 5TH AT TIPPY CANOE’S 7:30PM

Meeting Minutes – October 2017

OSCEOLA VALLEY SNO-GOERS

President: Eric Hallen (2017) Vice President: Rick McGuiggan (2018)

Secretary: Stephanie Harling (2017), Treasurer: Sheri Hoiby (2018)

Board of Directors:  Barb Durand (2018) Rick Leroux (2017) Charlie Greener (2017) Jeff Jonas (2017)

  Trail Bosses:  West: Gordy Jones (2017), East: Kirk Larson (2017), Dresser trail: Ken Meyer (2017)

Council Reps:  Mike Tober, Ken Meyer (Alternates: Dave Peterson)

 

The October 3rd, 2017 meeting was called to order by President Eric Hallen.

The Secretary’s report: was read and approved

The Treasurer’s Report: was read and approved

Media/Marketing:  If you have any pictures and or announcements to share, send to Al at Osceolavalleysnogoers@gmail.com  

Al reported that the sites have been busy with renewals.  Facebook has been a success.

Council:  Nothing to report.  Map ads are needed tor the new maps.

Youth Club: Osceola snowmobile school being held October 23, 24th, and 26th from 6:30pm to 9pm.  Youth club reported there is a section of trail to check on in Centuria.  Club voted to give each child $10.00 to attend snowmobile school .

Trail Boss:

  • Gordy: November 11th is the day to put up trail signs.
  • Kirk:  Gravel Pit working on a different route.

Old Business:  

  • Fair went good, everyone showed up for their shifts, Thank you for everyone’s help.  The new floor looks great!  Thank you to everyone who helped and those who donated the epoxy.
  • Positions in the club are coming up for election.  The President, Secretary and 3 Board of Directors are up for election.  Please think about volunteering for a position as this helps the member learn more about the club as well as allowing for new ideas.

New Business:  Should we keep doing the truck pulls or let it go?  Club voted to let it go but keep the food stand and see if we can keep the food stand out by the truck pulls.  Sheri to compose a letter to inform the fair board.

Meeting October 4th at 5:00pm Polk county regarding the Stower trail.

Jerry and Tamy Lyons from Wanderoos had a house fire.  Club voted to gift the a $250 gift card from Menards or Walmart.

Fair Committee: Fair went great this year, thanks again for everyone’s help.

Landowner’s Dinner:  We are thinking of possibly doing the dinner at Wanderoos next year.  More to come in February.

Trip Committee:  Possibly Rhinelander for the trip this year depending on how much snow we get.  Will talk more in November.

Nominating committee: We will be holding a meeting after this meeting for elections.

Next meeting Tuesday Nov 7th at Woodhill.

Meeting adjourned

Meeting Minutes – September 2017

OSCEOLA VALLEY SNO-GOERS

TUES. SEPT 5, 2017 AT THE OSCEOLA FAIR STAND

The Sept 5th 2017 meeting was called to order by President Eric Hallen

Secretary’s Report

  • The Secretary’s report was read – with an amendment to include that the club approved $300 donation towards the meat for the raffle for Steve Wente, and that a donation of $100 was made to Bill Smith.

The Treasurer’s Report

  • The Treasurer’s Report was read and approved. – We are down in our yearly projections from what we budgeted so far for the year. Expenses were for new post cards with the meeting dates on the, Polk County Board of Health for our permit, and services charges on our bank statement.

Marketing

  • Al has updated facebook and the Osceola Valley Sno-Goers Website, check it out.

Youth Council – nothing to report.

Council – nothing to report

Old Business:

  • Kevin McNutt is back and wants to do a section of trail, and it was decided that Ken Meyer’s section is in need of dividing up.
  • Someone needs to help Nate with his section of trail, as Steve will not be able to help him this year.
  • Meat Raffle and silent auction is set for Sept 15th starting at 6:30 at Sues Bar & Grill, with all proceeds going to help Steve with medical and housing expenses for his upcoming stem cell transplant, as he will be down there for 3 months.   Rick will get the meat from Swanks. Anyone wanting to help please contact Julie or Rick.
  • Scott Tinney presented the pictures of what the new fair building will look like. Hopefully, this will be built in the next 2 years. The original building was built around 1960-1961. It will have outside vendor areas, and they will be required to help pay rent, and will be asked to put money towards the building for their spot. The fair board is looking for donations towards the building.
  • The truck pull entrance fee is going to be $8.00, and Scott has the wristbands. We will need help for Wed night to put up the cement barriers, and orange fence, and on Monday to take them down again.

New Business:

  • Dues are due by Sept 15th, 2017. Sheri is going to send them in all at once on Oct 1st. They are going to charge us $1.50 every time we submit separately. The trail pass will be available once this is sent in, and is renewed yearly.
  • It was suggested to take a picture of the label on your magazine with your phone, so that you will always have your number for your trail pass.
  • Trip – we are talking about going to Rhinelander this year, however, nothing has been confirmed.

Next Meeting is at on Oct 3rd, 2017. This will be our election of officers!

Sno-Goers Club Meeting Schedule

Club meetings are held the first Tuesday of each month, starting at 7:30pm.

October 2, 2018 – Tippy Canoe’s
November 6, 2018 – Sue’s Bar & Grill
December 4, 2018 – Woodhill
January 8, 2019 – UW Wanderoos Bar
February 5, 2019 – Sue’s Bar & Grill
March 5, 2019 – UW Wanderoos Bar
April 2, 2019 – Woodhill
May 7, 2019 – Osceola Lanes
June – no meeting
July – no meeting
August 6, 2019 – UW Wanderoos Bar
September 3, 2019 – Fair Booth (Oakey Park, Osceola)