Officers: President: Eric Hallen (2023),Vice President: Jordan Hallen (2022), Secretary: Cyndi Sommerfeldt (2023), Treasurer: Sheri Hoiby (2022)
Board of Directors: Mike Kohn (2022), Kirk Johnson (2022), Rhett Larson (2023), Jason Raska (2023)
Trail Bosses: West: Brad McGuiggan & Jason Raska, East: Scott Carlson, Dresser West: Arik Mahler, Dresser East: Kevin McNutt, Stower Trail: Jeff Jonas & Rick LeRoux
Council Reps: Eric Hallen, Brad McGuiggan
*Meeting called to order on 3/1/22, 7:33pm at Fiesta Loca by Eric.
- Sent out via email following the February meeting, and posted on the webpage. Approved as read.
- Approved as read by Frank.
- On track with the 2022 budget.
- 2 new Memberships
- We are ready to recognize Sherri H for her dedication to the Club at the next meeting.
- Frank keeps the website up to date on trail open/closed status.
- Polk County KAOS club has duplicated our website and online payment system.
- Groomer Driver appreciation dinner is 3/24. Motion passed for club to donate 3x$100 cash drawing prizes. Frank will get this donation to Ricky.
Trail Bosses Report:
- Trails are currently closed as of March 3.
KAOS Youth Club:
- Next meeting is March 8, 2022, McKenzie Lanes 7pm
- Club is selling 125 raffle tickets at $20/ticket. This is the club’s main fundraiser.
- Memberships expire on 6/30/22.
- Frank reviewed proposed changes to our membership rates for next year. Motion was passed to eliminate the individual membership making all memberships $20. This is more in line with our neighboring clubs. Also eliminating social and legacy type memberships, but will keep participating membership per our 2018 resolution. Club will continue to cover landowners memberships.
- Request was made that the Board of Directors create a resolution defining recognition for members.
- Nate reviewed a request from New Life Christian Church to reroute the trail through their parking lot as there are issues mainly on Sunday mornings when the lot is being heavily used. The trail bosses will need to get together and discuss options for next year’s trail marking.
- The AWSC annual Convention is being held in Green Bay 3/25-27. The club will contribute $100 if a member(s) plan to attend.
- Scott is working on postcards to be sent to Landowners indicating when trails will be signed/marked in the Fall and signs removed in the Spring. Motion was passed for $100 to cover cards and postage for this task this spring. The Club felt this was a good practice and that in the future we should preprint these cards and then merge with our current Landowners address list. Frank will work with Scott on this.
- Kirk J thanked the Club for the flowers sent to his Father’s funeral.
- Would still welcome more involvement and a planning committee.
- Shelter Ride scheduled for 3/5/22 will most likely be canceled due to the weather forecast.
- Landowners Appreciation Brunch at UWWanderoos on 5/15/22, 12pm. All Club members are also invited to participate and also volunteer. Contact Julie M if you would like to volunteer.
- Club will provide $25 Visa type Gift Cards for Landowners. 2022 Budget has $2500 set aside for this event. With 70 x $25 gift cards and typical UWW dinner cost of $1000 a motion was passed to increase our budgeted amount to $3500.
- Scholarship applications and the selection process will be coming up this Spring.
- November 2022 Club Appreciation Gathering.
Next Meeting: April 5, 2022 at 7:30pm at UWWanderoos
*Motion to adjourn passed at 8:18pm