Officers: President: Eric Hallen (2023),Vice President: Jordan Hallen (2022), Secretary: Cyndi Sommerfeldt (2023), Treasurer: Sheri Hoiby (2022)
Board of Directors: Mike Kohn (2022), Kirk Johnson (2022), Rhett Larson (2023), Jason Raska (2023)
Trail Bosses: West: Brad McGuiggan & Jason Raska, East: Scott Carlson, Dresser West: Arik Mahler, Dresser East: Kevin McNutt, Stower Trail: Jeff Jonas & Rick LeRoux
Council Reps: Eric Hallen, Brad McGuiggan
*Meeting called to order on 2/1/22, 7:27pm at Potsies Place by Eric.
- Sent out via email following December meeting, and posted on webpage. Approved as read.
- Approved as read by Frank.
- On track with 2022 budget.
- Frank has invested our rainy day fund in a Vanguard mutual fund.
- Discussed that Club needs to recognize Sheri’s major contributions to the Club as Treasurer over the past 10 years.
- Frank added Safari pictures and write up to website.
- Frank is assisting the Polk County KAOS club in building a similar website and Club dues on line payment system.
- Frank is currently monitoring the club gmail email account and also the club website.
- We would like someone to work the Club Facebook page as well.
- Polk County Parks and Rec makes the final call on trail openings and closings. Doug K is part of this communication for our club trails. The current status is then posted on the state website under Polk County. Our club then communicates this information on our website and Facebook page including links to the state website report.
- Trails have remained open this year to get hours on the groomers.
- Polk Co. Parks and Rec will be replacing a bridge on the Gandy Dancer/Sterling Township ATV route this year.
- Question was raised on if the Cedar Lake stick trail was put in this year.
- Stower Trail is being heavily controlled.
Trail Bosses Report:
- Trails are groomed and ready.
- As stated in Council section the best resource for trail conditions is Polk County website….don’t trust signing as things change quickly and physical signs do not always reflect the current situation.
- Stower trail Jeff added additional signs.
- Chris S reported on Stower litigation. He has obtained 150 signatures vs. Friends of Stower. Chris is working through the DNR on this ongoing issue.
- Issues at Lotus Lakes/90th/MM/Stower Trail crossing in wrong areas. There are road right of way issues so do not want to add signs here.
KAOS Youth Club:
- Next meeting is February 8, 2022, McKenzie Lanes 7pm
- Club president Jason was at our meeting to see how our meetings are run.
- Doug K assists KAOS in obtaining trail signs.
- Working on grant and Landowner permission for bridge replacement.
- Changing Landowners are an issue with KAOS club as well.
- Working on Current landowners list for gift cards etc. Scott
- Groomer GPS data in now linked to website.
- Frank is proposing changes to our membership rates for next year. Suggested eliminating the individual membership and making all memberships $20. This is more in line with our neighboring clubs. Also eliminating social and legacy type memberships. Frank will review with Board and bring a resolution for Club vote next month.
- Change 3/1/22 meeting to Fiesta Loca location due to other events at UWWanderoos that evening.
- Motion approved to recognize Sheri H with Club plaque and $100 gift card.
- Frank reviewed the 1/21-23/22 Safari held at Grand Pines hotel & activity room on Lower Round Lake near Hayward, WI. There were 26 participants which is the most in several years. Good club gathering and activity. Booked same location and set up for next year.
- Would still welcome more involvement and a planning committee.
- Need to consider replacing a gas grill for Sept. 2022 or Julie M suggested investigating a Blackstone style griddle may be a better choice with no flame ups. Nate
- Shelter Ride Saturday 2/12/22 cancelled and rescheduled for 3/5/22. Need help with hot dogs etc and ride planning. Contact Eric.
- Landowners Appreciation Brunch at UWWanderoos on 5/15/22. Contact Julie M if you would like to help.
- November 2022 Club Appreciation Gathering.
Next Meeting: March 1, 2022 at 7:30pm at Fiesta Loca.
*Motion to adjourn passed at 8:14pm