Meeting Minutes — May 2015

OSCEOLA VALLEY SNO-GOERS

Board of Directors:

Scott Ringlien (2015), Frank Sommerfeldt (2015),

Kevin McNutt (2016)  Jason Raska (2016)

President: Eric Hallen (2015)

Vice President: Al Schoenborn(2016)

Secretary: Suzanne Wente (2015)

Treasurer: Sheri Hoiby (2016)

Trail Boss West Gordy Jones (2015), Kirk Larson (2015),

Dresser trail: Kevin McNutt (2015)

Council Reps: Doug Kromrey, Greg Swanson

(Alternates: Dave Peterson, Arnold Wente, Roger Peterson)

The May 5, 2015 meeting was brought to order by President Eric Hallen

The secretary’s report was read and approved. Treasurer’s report was read and approved.

Sheri also reported total cost for the landowner’s dinner was $1936.41, we still have to pay the bill at Dick’s for buns.

Council Report:

Nothing to report.

Youth Club:

Nothing to report.

Trail Bosses:

Gordy reported that we need to move the trail on Dennis Cotter’s land. He has met with Dennis to get this changed. Also he turned in the costs to replace the gate on Rixmann’s land.

Trail bosses:

Gordy – 715-294-4189, Kirk – 612-709-8012, or Kevin – 715-294-1650

Old Business:

Everyone thought that the landowner’s dinner went well. The food was good. Attendance by club members was lower than usual. We had just enough gifts for the landowner’s. Eric thanked the committee for all of their work.

The president and secretaries position are up for election in October if you are interested or know of anyone that is please let anyone on the nominating committee know. The nominating committee is our current officers and board of directors.

New Business:

Ulrich farms wants to meet with us and representatives of the Amery club, they were not happy that we opened the trails for the few days this year because of the lack of snow and the warm temperatures that we had for the few days the trails were open. They would like to move the trail that crosses their land to avoid their hay fields. Eric Hallen and Kevin McNutt will represent from our club.

Motion was made and carried that we move one of our meetings to Woodhill Bar and Grill. It was decided that our December meeting will be scheduled there.

We got an update from Brian Swanson on how Greg was doing after his motorcycle accident. At this time they are waiting for the swelling in his brain to go down before deciding what steps will need to be taken. A caring bridge site has been set up for Greg. Go to caringbridge.org to keep up on Greg’s progress. Please help support Greg and his family through his recovery. Flowers will be sent to Greg from the club when he is out of ICU.

We had eight applicants for our $500.00 scholarship at OHS. We have chosen our recipient. It will be presented at awards night at the high school on Monday May 11th.

Fair committee had nothing to report – Eric will be hosting a special fair committee meeting in July at his home to start planning for the fair.

Social committee had nothing to report

Trip committee had nothing to report

Landowner’s dinner committee reported that total costs came in under budget and that club member attendance was low.

Next club meeting will be at 7:30 p.m. on August 4th at UW Wandroos. Sherri will schedule the food service guy to attend that meeting to go over safe food handling. His presentation is about 15 minutes.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s