*Meeting called to order on 3/7/23, 7:21pm at Potsies by Eric.
- February and all past month meeting minutes are posted on webpage. Approved.
- Approved as read by Frank.
- Income from 2/10/23 meat raffle
- Now working on Landowners brunch planning. This is our biggest expenditure of the year. Per the budget approval meeting in January, we have $4500 to spend on this years brunch. The following statement is taken from the minutes of this meeting and were documented in the January club meeting minutes:
“9 of the 11 current Board Members met prior to the January meeting to review the 2022-2023 budget presented by Frank. Our largest expense is the Landowners brunch held in the spring. It was discussed and approved that the budget remain balanced between projected income and expenses and that any additional income would go to funding of the brunch.”
- Website up to date per Frank
- Eric has been posting to Facebook. Jacque Bonneprise to work with Eric and others to redirect ownership of Club Facebook page. Ultimately the web page and Facebook page will contain the same current information.
- Groomer Banquet to be held 3/30/23 at Brow Tine.
- With abundant snow this season groomers should be running as much as possible. The county is in supplemental grooming allowance this year. This has not happened for years so plan is to continue grooming as much as possible
- Also with the large snow amounts this year, the county will be investigating the need for track tractors vs. wheeled tractors for future years.
- There are new Gandy signs and equipment to install them.
- Council is working on a 60 acre ATV Sterling loop in northern Polk County
- Rec officers (3) put in 177hrs last month. No major issues.
- The Candlelight walk on Stower trail resulting in a trail redirect on snowmobiles went well with no issues reported
Trail Bosses Report:
- No issues
KAOS Youth Club:
- Next meeting one week after ours 3/14 at McKenzie Lanes, Centuria.
- The annual raffle tickets are available for sale. Contact a KAOS member to purchase. Drawing to take place during April meeting.
1st prize $500
2nd prize Polaris wheeled gear bag
3rd prize Polaris 30 qt cooler
4th prize 20 qt Artic cooler
- Club members will be handing out the door prizes at Groomer dinner.
- Frank reported on status of new (2024) trail 33 (23 miles) from north Cedar Lake to Sawmill trail @ Clear Lake. Have verbals from all landowners and 80% signed easement agreements. Kevin has access to put the trail into Polaris ride command. Osceola will take ownership of clearing, marking and maintaining due to not enough help in Amery. This trail will be a club trail for 1st year then apply and becomes a state groomed trail the 2nd year.
- Club Warming Shed Kurt. Where would we put it?
- Mark J reported on apparel purchase options. Sports and More in Amery vs. Mark’s Rochester contact. Order placed only if prepaid. Colors and styles need to be decided on.
- Landowners Brunch planning. Julie and Ricky to handle donated gifts, Cyndi to purchase additional gifts same as last year. Last year we had 23 out of approx.. 80 landowners in attendance.
- Much discussion on the $25 BP card that we give to each landowner. Kurt asking if we should be giving out to all landowners. Could we ask what Landowners want? Kurt will lead this topic for next year. Decision was made to continue with the plan for this year. Motion officially made and passed to increase budget to $4500.
- Frank to provide already approved $300 to Doug for Groomer appreciation dinner.
- Doug would like to recognize farmers who helped pull out groomer and also tree clean up for Landowners. $100 approved.
- Nominations needed for President and Secretary positions for May elections.
- No update
- Club Shelter Ride on 2/25/23 was a success. Send pictures to Frank for the website.
- Landowners Banquet date 5/7/2023 at UW Wanderoos. Donna to head up this year. Please contact her if you would like to help.
Next Meeting: April 4, 2023 at UWW at 7:30pm
*Motion to adjourn passed at 8:14pm
Officers: President: Eric Hallen (2023),Vice President: David Johnson (2024), Secretary: Cyndi Sommerfeldt (2023), Treasurer: Frank Sommerfeldt (2024)
Board of Directors: Rhett Larson (2023), Jason Raska (2023), Chris Keezer (2024), Austin Mueller (2024)
Trail Bosses: West: Brad McGuiggan & Jason Raska, East: Scott Carlson, Dresser West: Arik Mahler, Dresser East: Kevin McNutt, Stower Trail: Jeff Jonas & Rick LeRoux
Council Reps: Eric Hallen, Brad McGuiggan