*Meeting called to order on 1/3/23, 7:31pm at UWW by Eric.
- December meeting minutes sent out via email following December meeting and posted on webpage. Approved.
- Approved as read by Frank.
- Income from memberships, expenses from Member appreciation party.
- 125 paid memberships, 12 landowner memberships, 1 sponsor membership UWW.
- Frank reported that website remains up to date. If you subscribe to the website you will receive a notification of any activity posted to the website. This is a good way to stay current without having to access the website periodically, particularly for trail open/closed status.
- County website is up to date.
- Amery offered groomer training during December in order to find more drivers for the season.
- Our Club is first to enter trail hours directly into AWSC Snars system.
- Club groomer drivers need to provide driver license number to Doug for insurance purposes.
- AWSC quarterly directors meeting to be held in Siren 1/6-8/23. There will be guided trail rides on Saturday 1/7 and the quarterly directors meeting will take place on Sunday 1/8 at 8:30am at The Lodge.
Trail Bosses Report:
- Scott reported that Jeff Johnson and Donnie Stark will be staking Cedar Lake this week. Sleds are currently running the lake and the gate is open.
- Horse Lake Store would like a gas/food sign on trail. There is no pay at pump and they close early 7pm? so this may cause some confusion.
- Kevin reported that trees were cleared near Trollhaugen. Also Frank brought the Amery track groomer and cleared the drifting in that area and others.
- There was a tree run over at corner of M & K.
- Issue at/near Wards with sleds not stopping.
KAOS Youth Club:
- Next meeting one week after ours 1/10 at McKenzie Lanes, Centuria.
- Per Frank the club’s raffle license has been renewed.
- This club could use members…
- Club meat raffle to be held on Friday 2/10 6pm at Potsie’s during Busch lite challenge weekend. Angel will get meat and all other items for set up but needs someone to run that night. Pissy can announce. Susie, Ricky, Julie, Steve, Charlie and Cyndi have volunteered to help sell tickets etc.
- Club apparel no update Mark Jessen to work on this.
- Nate has trail signs for mounting maps at trail intersections. Council has laminated maps to use for this. Could someone do this? Could try to get intersection #’s on posts as well.
- Safari 1/19-22/2023 is reserved in Hayward. Club sponsored dinner will be on Friday night in the party room. Like last year we will be catering from the awesome BBQ winery near the Grand Pines. Eric will provide pulled pork. It would be great if each group/hotel room could provide snacks or a dessert. BYOB
- Frank will send out an email to those attending. Again like last year the downstairs party room will be open each evening after riding. We will heat up left overs from club dinner and any potluck can be set out. There will be games, cards, football viewing and of course recaps from the days ride and adventures.
- Club Shelter Ride 2/25/23.
- Amery’s vintage sled and shelter ride is also on this date. Eric stated that the Amery club would like to join us on a shelter ride this winter. More on this next month.
Next Meeting: February 7, 2023 at Ken’s Keyboard at 7:30pm
*Motion to adjourn passed at 7:53pm
Officers: President: Eric Hallen (2023),Vice President: David Johnson (2024), Secretary: Cyndi Sommerfeldt (2023), Treasurer: Frank Sommerfeldt (2024)
Board of Directors: Rhett Larson (2023), Jason Raska (2023), Chris Keezer (2024), Austin Mueller (2024)
Trail Bosses: West: Brad McGuiggan & Jason Raska, East: Scott Carlson, Dresser West: Arik Mahler, Dresser East: Kevin McNutt, Stower Trail: Jeff Jonas & Rick LeRoux
Council Reps: Eric Hallen, Brad McGuiggan