*Meeting called to order on 12/6/22, 7:35pm at Hanks by Eric.
- November meeting minutes sent out via email following November meeting and posted on webpage. Approved.
- Approved as read by Frank.
- Income from UWWanderoos 11/17/22 Hunters party and raffle. We received 1/3 of donations from Hunters Party raffle. This is a substantial donation to our club. Thanks to Tammy and UWW.
- Current memberships for 2022-23 season 114, 2021-22 season memberships 132.
- Club has a Venmo account.
- 9 of the 11 current Board Members met prior to the meeting to review the 2022-2023 budget presented by Frank. Our largest expense is the Landowners brunch held in the spring. It was discussed and approved that the budget remain balanced between projected income and expenses and that any additional income would go to funding of the brunch.
- Frank reported that website remains up to date. If you subscribe to the website you will receive a notification of any activity posted to the website. This is a good way to stay current without having to access the website periodically.
- Brad reported that the county/council would like all trails marked by 12/10.
- Frank has been working with council members Danny & Karen Carlson on changing the trail hour reporting process for our club by creating a spreadsheet for our club trail bosses to maintain. The spreadsheet is designed to collect all the needed information that is then entered into the state SNARS program which upon approval generates the reimbursement from the state. Our club will be piloting this new reporting method with the hopes of rolling it out to all county clubs thus reducing the work load at the council level.
- There will be trail access to Speedway on south side of Hwy 8 St. Croix Falls.
- AWSC Winter meetings to be held in Siren, WI on 1/6-8/23. This is the closest these meetings get to us on the west side of the state.
- There is a new gate at the county location which requires access if no preplanned meeting is taking place.
- Next meeting 12/15.
Trail Bosses Report:
- Scott and Brad reported that trails are marked with the exception of a couple remaining corn fields. Trail bosses are aware and working with farmers/land owners on these areas.
- Doug reported that the chains will be installed on the groomer next week at Carlson Farms.
- As detailed in the above Council section, our club will no longer turn over trail hours to Karen C. Trail bosses to collect trail hours and enter into spreadsheet. Frank or Kevin will enter into state SNARS program directly rather than through council. This is a trial for the county.
- Chris reported that access to the Stower remains and issue. Greg S stated that the railroad will also not sign an easement so work to continue on this access.
- Nate reported that the Dresser trail behind the New Life church will be rerouted in order to keep trail off the parking lot pavement.
KAOS Youth Club:
- Next meeting one week after ours 12/13 at McKenzie Lanes, Centuria.
- Doug reported trail work has been completed from Centuria to Balsom Lake.
- Hunters party at UWWanderoos on 11/17 was a success and club has received 1/3 of raffle $ donations. Thanks to Tammy and staff at UWW!
- Club Appreciation at Erics on 12/4 was also a success. Thanks Eric!
- The Club would like to sponsor a meat raffle during the Busch Lite challenge at Potsie’s 2/10-12/23. Angel is working with Potsie’s to set this up and will report back on the final date and what else is needed. We are hoping for the Friday night 2/10/23. Thanks Angel!
- It has been a few years since we ordered club apparel. Maybe Julie last did this and maybe Amery Sports and More has our logo on file? Mark Jessen volunteered to head this up and report at next meeting. Payment would be taken before ordering.
- Safari 1/19-22/2023 is reserved in Hayward. Frank has been in contact with Mandy at Grand Pines and all 10 hotel rooms are rented, as well as 1 cabin and we have some overflow currently at the 7 Winds Casino. If anyone is interested in moving a group to a nearby cabin contact Frank and he will work with Grand Pines to attempt to get a reduced rate. This could potentially open up a few hotel rooms and we could all then be at the same location as desired. Response to this event has been great as we had 24 in attendance last year and we are currently at 40 for this year.
- In order to keep everyone updated on the weekend activities, Frank is trying to keep track of all that will be in attendance. To date he is missing one hotel room list of occupants. If you are not sure that Frank is aware of your attendance please let him know. He will be planning our group dinner at Grand Pines party room and head count is needed to order enough food. Like last year we will be catering from the awesome BBQ winery near the Grand Pines. Eric will provide pulled pork. It would be great if each group/hotel room could provide snacks or a dessert. BYOB
- Again like last year the downstairs party room will be open each evening after riding. We will heat up left overs from club dinner and any potluck can be set out. There will be games, cards, football viewing and of course recaps from the days ride and adventures.
- Club Shelter Ride 2/25/22.
- Amery’s vintage sled and shelter ride is also on this date. Eric stated that the Amery club would like to join us on a shelter ride this winter. More on this next month.
- Mark or Nate to get $ from Gun Club tent rental.
- Nate reported that one of the refrigerators at fair booth is not working well. Eric may have one to replace it.
- Also 1 of the 3 can coolers was not working. Frank/Dwayne tried to get it repaired. Per Nate we do need to replace or repair this.
Next Meeting: January 3, 2023 at UWWanderoos at 7:30pm
*Motion to adjourn passed at 8:03pm
Officers: President: Eric Hallen (2023),Vice President: David Johnson (2024), Secretary: Cyndi Sommerfeldt (2023), Treasurer: Frank Sommerfeldt (2024)
Board of Directors: Rhett Larson (2023), Jason Raska (2023), Chris Keezer (2024), Austin Mueller (2024)
Trail Bosses: West: Brad McGuiggan & Jason Raska, East: Scott Carlson, Dresser West: Arik Mahler, Dresser East: Kevin McNutt, Stower Trail: Jeff Jonas & Rick LeRoux
Council Reps: Eric Hallen, Brad McGuiggan