Officers: President: Eric Hallen (2023),Vice President: David Johnson (2024), Secretary: Cyndi Sommerfeldt (2023), Treasurer: Frank Sommerfeldt (2024)
Board of Directors: Rhett Larson (2023), Jason Raska (2023), Chris Keezer (2024), Austin Mueller (2024)
Trail Bosses: West: Brad McGuiggan & Jason Raska, East: Scott Carlson, Dresser West: Arik Mahler, Dresser East: Kevin McNutt, Stower Trail: Jeff Jonas & Rick LeRoux
Council Reps: Eric Hallen, Brad McGuiggan
*Meeting called to order on 11/1/22, 7:34pm at Potsies by Eric.
- Sent out via email following October meeting and posted on webpage. Approved as read.
- Approved as read by Frank.
- Income from memberships, expenses youth training and AWSC
- There will be a budget review meeting with the Board of Directors prior to the next meeting — 7pm at Hanks.
- Frank reported that website has been updated with election results and meeting minutes from last month
- Eric and Chris still working on getting Facebook page updated and running.
- Doug reported that the next meeting is 11/10. Elections and bylaw changes to take place.
- Trail hours will be sent to a Counsel rep instead of the old system.
- Relocation of the Deronda bridge as discussed last month to KAOS trail will not happen due to cost.
Trail Bosses Report:
- Scott reported that with the nice fall weather trail bosses should be in touch with their landowners to be aware of land intentions.
- Trail signing and maintenance to be the first two weekends in November. Frank will send out postcards to landowners detailing this as well as identifying the trail boss and contact info for each landowner. Post cards to be mailed out 11/2 or 3.
- Frank to work on council payout for 2022 season crop damage. There were two separate cases for a total of $600.
- Ricky reported that bridges become Council property after 10 years and the Deronda bridge is not rated for the groomer.
- Due to continued Stower Trail issues, our club will continue to maintain our trail 12. Stower trail vandalism of signs continues. There is a $250/sign penalty and restitution for taking or defacing trail signs.
- Eric reported that Nate and others are continuing to work on the Dresser trail behind the church trying to keep the trail off pavement and potentially fencing off the drainage ditch to 1 sled wide.
- Moving the Fiesta Loca Hwy 35 crossing to the opposite side south of the restaurant continues.
- Kevin reported that tree cleanup is needed across the Trollhaugen gravel pit area.
- Club to pay $150 for beaver dam removal behind the Osceola golf course.
KAOS Youth Club:
- Kevin reported that 26 students attended the Youth Safety Class on 10/17,18 &20/2022 at the Intermediate school. Club pays $10/student to cover costs of class. Polaris items were provided as door prizes during training.
- Hunters party at UWWanderoos 11/17. Turn in raffle tickets and $.
- Trail signing to take place the 1st two weekends of November prior to deer season. Postcards to be sent out to inform Land Owners of date and other info. Trail bosses continue to talk to Land Owners.
- Jordy reported that wood cutting will be needed for the shelter this year. 12/3 at the shelter
- Frank reported last year we had 150 memberships. To date this year we are at 110. Get your memberships in if you haven’t. Frank will send in next batch before Thanksgiving. AWSC also sends out a thankyou upon receiving your membership for the year.
- Safari 1/19-22/2023 is reserved in Hayward. Frank is now working with Mandy at Grand Pines on planning. There are 10 motel rooms and the party basement cabin reserved. You will need to contact Mandy at 715-415-7797 to reserve. $69/Weds and Thurs and $89/Fri and Sat. You can cancel 1 week prior without penalty. Hotel is not pet friendly.
- Frank will work on the club sponsored dinner once a better headcount is known. Like last year this will be held for all in attendance in the basement party room. More next month.
- Club Appreciation at Eric’s 12/4. Club provides food.
- Shelter Ride 2/25/22.
- Mark or Nate to get $ from Gun Club.
Next Meeting: December 6, 2022 at Hanks Bar at 7:30pm
All Board Members should meet at 7pm for budget review.
*Motion to adjourn passed at 8:09pm