Officers: President: Eric Hallen (2023),Vice President: Jordan Hallen (2022), Secretary: Cyndi Sommerfeldt (2023), Treasurer: Sheri Hoiby (2022)
Board of Directors: Mike Kohn (2022), Kirk Johnson (2022), Rhett Larson (2023), Jason Raska (2023)
Trail Bosses: West: Brad McGuiggan & Jason Raska, East: Scott Carlson, Dresser West: Arik Mahler, Dresser East: Kevin McNutt, Stower Trail: Jeff Jonas & Rick LeRoux
Council Reps: Eric Hallen, Brad McGuiggan
*Meeting called to order on 1/4/22, 7:30pm at Ken’s Keyboard by Eric.
- December meeting minutes were approved. Minutes are posted to the website. Will also email out with January minutes.
- Approved as read by Sheri.
- Board of Directors approved previously discussed plan to move rainy day funds to an investment account. Motion & Second to approve the draft resolution, as provided by Frank at December meeting, as well as establish the investment account. Unanimous approval.
- Osceola Sun had a picture of our club’s donation to the Open Cupboard.
- Frank has made some updates to our club’s website. Take a look.
- ATV & Snowmobile County Council – website updates, lots of info can be found there.
- A couple trail issues have gotten addressed recently.
- Trail from Cushing to Burnett County is now open.
- Stower Trail is ready to go.
Trail Bosses Report:
- Scott working on compiling an updated and accurate list of landowners.
- One new landowner sign was made and will be installed.
- Stower Trail. Make sure to follow the speed limit signs and obey all rules. Be courteous to other trail users.
KAOS Youth Club:
- Next meeting is January 11, 2021, McKenzie Lanes 7pm
- Tentative club ride on Saturday, January 15, leaving from McKenzie Lanes around 9:00am. Details to be finalized at 1/11 meeting.
- Discussed plans to change club officer terms from 2 years to 4 years. To be reviewed by Board of Directors.
- Increasing scholarship amounts.
- Possibly increase donations to Open Cupboard, etc.
- Landowners. About 70 landowners in total. Ideas for landowner appreciation (gift cards, etc)
- Safari. Club approved $200 to go towards dinner for the Safari group. Aiming to entice more people to attend and participate.
- No additional budget needs currently expected.
- Looking for ideas to get more members involved in club activities. Example – KAOS club buys lunch for anyone that helps do trail signs.
- Groomer tractor. GPS tracker is now installed.
- Wisconsin legislature updates. If a funded trail passes thru a ditch, you now cannot ride thru that ditch when the trails are closed. Previously snowmobiles could still ride in the ditches even if trails were closed.
- Club Safari ride January 20-23 in Hayward 7 Winds Casino, phone # 715-634-8574. Six rooms blocked under the club (group booking number 1179). Looking for anyone interest in going. Frank will send an email with more info.
- Motion was passed in December to provide $200 for a social gathering during the Safari.
- Would still welcome more involvement and a planning committee.
- Safari Trip. See above.
- Vintage snowmobile ride & event at ERX in Elk River, MN January 28-30.
- Shelter Ride. Planning for Saturday, February 12.
Next Meeting: February 1, 2022 at 7:30pm at Potsie’s.
*Motion to adjourn passed at 8:16pm