- Meeting called to order on 11/2/21, 7:30pm at Potsie’s by Eric.
- Sent out via email earlier in October. Approved as read.
- Approved as read by Sheri.
- Closed CD and deposited into checking account, planning to put into investment account.
- Check for club website updates that Frank did recently.
- Plans to do some brushing on the Gandy Dancer trail.
- Council is going to sell a brusher and trailer.
- Stower Trail. Final judge ruling still pending, likely by 12/11. Some trail work & signing has been done, but not doing too much until final ruling. As of now, the Stower trail will be open to snowmobiles after 12/15 pending enough snow accumulation. Horses have been on there this fall. Possible trail from club shelter to Stower being planned.
Trail Bosses Report:
- Jeff Jonas & Rick LeRoux volunteered to do Stower trail if it opens up to snowmobiles.
- Arik Mahler volunteered to do the west side of Dresser from the intersection to Interstate Park.
- Trail signing starts this Saturday (11/6). Coordinate with Trail Bosses and make sure to contact landowners first. Remember to keep track of your hours and turn into your Trail Boss or to Kevin McNutt. The county gets funding from these hours.
KAOS Youth Club:
- Safety Training held in October. 41 kids attended. Our club covered the costs.
- KAOS club is doing trail signs on Saturday, 11/6, at 9am, meeting at McKenzie Lanes. Lunch will be provided afterwards for those that help. Doug Kromrey is in charge.
- Next meeting is Tuesday, 11/9 at McKenzie Lanes at 7pm.
- Elections were held after October meeting. See new officers above.
- AWSC Fall Workshop was held in the Dells in October. Dan Carlson received the Snowmobile Friendly Community Award on behalf of our club.
- Stower & Dresser West trail bosses. We have volunteers, see above.
- Need a new Social Committee Chair. It has been Eric Hallen, but looking for someone now that Eric is President.
- Club Appreciation Party at Eric’s house this Saturday, 11/6 after 5pm. See email reminder that was sent last week for details. Food will be provided, BYOB.
- Hunter’s Party at UW Wanderoos on Thursday, 11/18 at 6pm. They are looking for volunteers to help. Eric will get raffle tickets for club members to sell. Tickets will be handed out at Club Appreciation Party.
- Club’s Warming Shelter. Not planning to cut wood this year. Mark Jessen offered to provide some extra wood for the shelter.
- Meat Raffle planned for 12/3 at Potsie’s at 6pm. Fund raiser for the club. Eric will get the meat at Swanks. Volunteers needed to help the night of.
- Board of Directors met to review budget proposal for 2022. Motion and 2nd to approve 2022 budget as proposed by the Board. Approved.
- New 2020-2022 Trail maps are now available.
- Discussed ideas to get more involvement. Considerations of the club contributing money for food and/or rooms to entice more people. Likely planning for Hayward again?
- Need a new Social Committee chair. Volunteers?
- Club appreciation party at Eric’s this Saturday (11/6). Club to supply food. RSVP via facebook or contact Eric for more info. Address is 605 218th St, Osceola.
- Deer Hunting Party at UW Wanderoos on 11/18 at 6pm.
Next Meeting: December 7, 2021 at 7:30pm at Hank’s.
Meeting was adjourned at 8:20.