OSCEOLA VALLEY SNO-GOERS
President: Eric Hallen (2017)
Vice President: Al Schoenborn(2016)
Secretary: Stephanie Harling (2017),
Treasurer: Sheri Hoiby (2016)
Board of Directors: Rick McGuiggan (2017), Charlie Greener, Jeff Jonas (2016) Jason Raska (2016)
Trail Bosses: West: Gordy Jones (2015), Kirk Larson (2015), Dresser trail: Ken Meyer (2017)
Council Reps: Greg Swanson, Ken Meyer (Alternates: Arnold Wente, Roger Peterson)
Tues. March 2nd, 2016 at Tippy Canoe’s
The meeting was called to order by President Eric Hallen
Secretaries Report: was read and approved
Treasurer’s Report: was read and approved
Council Report: Kenney Meyer reported that the council would like to start a petition (online and paper) for the Dresser to Amery trail for motor use.
- Council is looking at starting an ATV club at Wanderoos and surrounding area.
- Council also looking at legal age to drive groomers.
- Wolf Creek is holding a meat raffle March 19th at 10:30 AM to Noon
- Sign orders need to be by March but no later than April
- Now that trails are closed it would be a good time to get some brushing done.
- If landowners need sign talk to Kenny
Trail Boss Report: Trails are closed; we plan on having signs down by April 9th, 2016. There was some discussion of placing signs/gates at certain trailheads to detour riders from riding on closed trails, for example Horse Creek and Pottings.
Youth Ride: CAOS now has a new Facebook page.
Old Business: We now pay the $10 AWSC membership fee for the landowners that request it. So far there are only five that have requested it. So if they want to be a member, they need to contact the snowmobile club. They need to be a member for the snowmobile trail pass to get the lesser fee.
The Safari in Solon springs was a great success. We had about 23, and some that joined us later, and also that stopped in for a visit and to ride.
New Business: Our Club membership dues are due.
- There is a Go Fund Me Page for Roger Peterson, as he has cancer in his lymph node on the side of his neck. A motion was made and passed to donate $200 to him. Roger is not doing well, so please send your prayers for him.
- On a lighter note, Steve Wente is doing well had his last round of chemo. Keep Steve in your prayers as well for a speedy recovery.
- The CCRE meeting was March 3rd at 10:30am at the Polk County Office. This is to open up the railroad bed. We need to get as many of us as we can together as the opposition has several people against it. Please contact Rick McGuiggan for more information and when the next meeting is being held. LET’S FILL THE ROOM WITH CLUB MEMBERS!
- Julie McGuiggan brought order forms for the Sweatshirt and t-shirt orders. Hope everyone was able to order that wanted to. If not, let us know if we get enough requests for another order we can do it again.
Nominating Committee: There will be two positions open this year, Sherri and Al are up. If you are interested in any position, please let Eric know and we will set up a mentorship so you know what your job responsibilities would be, and know more about the position before you are elected into it for a two year term.
Social Committee: Due to no snow, again, this year, Eric mentioned in the meeting about having a Spring Picnic. We have not been able to get together as a club now for a couple years so we thought about a picnic at Wanderoos.
Fair Committee: Nothing to report on now.
Landowners Dinner: Julie reported the Landowners Dinner is April 16th at Pottings. We have the main dish covered, we are asking for your help with salads and desserts.
Meeting was adjourned