Meeting Minutes — February 2016

OSCEOLA VALLEY SNO-GOERS

President: Eric Hallen (2017) Vice President: Al Schoenborn(2016)

 Secretary: Stephanie Harling (2017), Treasurer: Sheri Hoiby (2016)

Board of Directors:  Rick McGuiggan(2017), Charlie Greener,  Jeff Jonas (2016)  Jason Raska (2016)

Trail Bosses:  West :Gordy Jones (2015), Kirk Larson (2015), Dresser trail: Ken Meyer (2017)

Council Reps:  Greg Swanson, Ken Meyer   (Alternates:  Arnold Wente, Roger Peterson)

Tues. February 9th, 2016 at UW Wandroos

The meeting was called to order by President Eric Hallen

Secretaries Report:  was read and approved

Treasurer’s Report:  was read and approved

Council Report: Kenney Meyer reported that the council is looking at a grader for the Gandy Dancer and Cat Tail and also a brusher.  There is talk about OWI, and being able to tie it to your license if caught riding your snowmobile.

Trail Boss Report: Gordy wants to do some brushing over by Trollhaugen.  Kirk said that we need to put a ribbon by Jason Mork’s Driveway, and to please go around the end of his driveway.  There was a question as to if the antique sleds need a trail pass, you would need to contact the AWSC on that.  If they are driven on the trails, you probably will need a pass.  On Heichel’s land we need some ribbon on the fence between the blazers, and on Boucher’s we need another blazer or two by the trees at the sharp corner before the open field.  The intersection signs are now up.

Youth Ride: They had their group snowmobile ride last weekend and it went well.  They will be taking over a section of trail in Centuria to sign and take care of.

Old Business:  The trail passes are now taking about a week to get.  You can get the number off your AWSC membership card, or off your AWSC magazine that comes in the mail.  Please check the expiration date on your card, most of the club memberships expire in March 2016.

We now pay the $10  AWSC membership fee for the landowners that request it.  So far there are only five that have requested it.    So if they want to be a member, they need to contact the snowmobile club.  They need to be a member for the snowmobile trail pass to get the lesser fee.

The Safari in Solon springs was a great success.  We had about 23, and some that joined us later, and also that stopped in for a visit and to ride.

New Business: The trails are closed.  When we get the open or closed notice we will put it out to everyone in an email, and try to get it on Facebook also right away.

The scholarship is in the works.  We are just waiting for the applicants to get their applications in, and then the school will notify us to go thru them.  If anyone is interested in being on the committee, please let Julie McGuiggan know.

The Landowners list needs to be gone thru with Gordy, Ken, and Kirk and update them soon, before the invites are sent out for the landowner’s dinner. Please have these done by the next meeting.  We did not do the Landowners gift cards at Christmas this year, so we will do something once the list is together, and before the Landowners dinner, or at the dinner.

There is a Go Fund Me Page for Roger Peterson, as he has cancer in his lymph node on the side of his neck.  A motion was made and passed to donate $200 to him.  Roger is not doing well, so please send your prayers for him.

On a lighter note, Steve Wente is doing well, and was able to attend the meeting tonight.  It was good to see Steve back with the snowmobile group.

The overnighter is going to be held on Fri. February 26-27 in Danbury Casino.  There are 4 rooms reserved under Eric Hallen’s name, and it is in the old part of the motel.  Depending on the snow conditions, plans are to meet at Sue’s Bar and Grill to ride, or if we need to we can trailer them to Centuria to ride from there.  Eric will send out an email with more details as it gets closer, or if you have any questions please contact Eric.     There is a Vintage Snowmobile Show on Sat the 27th at Whitetail and also Lawnmower Races on the 27th at Sweeney’s, so activities to do on Sat while you are up there.

The CCRE meeting was canceled and is rescheduled for next wed Feb 17th at 9:00 am at the Polk County Office.  This is to open up the railroad bed, and we need as many people to come as possible, as the opposition is going to have several people there against it. Please contact Rick McGuiggan if you are interested, or able to go.

Julie McGuiggan brought up that several members are  wanting more sweatshirts and t-shirts made.  She contacted Somerset and will get this going and send out an email to all members.  These will have to be paid for ahead of time, and you will be able to pay on paypal.  Sherri will give the address to do that, and it will be on the form.  It will take about 3 weeks, and there will be a deadline on this to order.

Nominating Committee:  There will be two positions open this year, Sherri and Al are up. If you are interested in any position, please let Eric know and we will set up a mentorship so you know what your job responsibilities would be, and know more about the position before you are elected into it for a two year term.

Social Committee: The fun day at the shelter was scheduled for this Sat, but it has been canceled for now, due to snowmobile trails being closed and the cold weather coming in.  We will throw out an email if we can reschedule it to another weekend.  Tentatively we will see if Feb 20th works.

Fair Committee: Nothing to report on now.

Landowners Dinner:  Julie will put together a meeting to make plans.  Discussion as to if we should try to have it at Wandroos this year and rotate between Potting’s and Wandroos, due to being fair for the Landowners.  The committee will decide and send out an update.  If anyone wants to join the committee please contact Julie McGuiggan.

We have 4 new members and their family’s and  we welcome them to our club. They are Mike Tetzloff, Matt Sedioux & Family, Eric Strigelund & Family, and Michael Erdman & Fmaily. (sorry if I miss spelled your names)

Jeff Jonas – won the $20 raffle from Wandroos at the meeting that Tammi donated.

Meeting was adjourned

Next Meeting is Tues March 1st at Tippy Canoes

Notes taken by Julie McGuiggan for Stephanie Harling.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s