Meeting Minutes — Oct 2014

OSCEOLA VALLEY SNO-GOERS

Board of Directors: Scott Ringlien (2015), Frank Sommerfeldt (2015),

Kevin McNutt (2016) Jason Raska (2016)

President: Eric Hallen (2015)

Vice President: Al Schoenborn(2016)

Secretary: Suzanne Wente (2015)

Treasurer: Sheri Hoiby (2016)

Trail Boss West Gordy Jones (2015), Kirk Larson (2015),

Dresser trail: Kevin McNutt (2015)

Council Reps: Doug Kromrey, Greg Swanson

(Alternates: Dave Peterson, Arnold Wente, Roger Peterson)

The October 7th, 2014 meeting was brought to order by President Eric Hallen

The secretary’s report was read and approved. Treasurer’s report was read and approved.

Sheri also reported on how we did at the fair.

2014 – income was $11835.56 expenses of $6373.11 total profit of $5462.46

2013 – income was $11626.71 expenses of $6084.61 total profit of $5542.10

2012 – income was $11518.20 expenses of $5417.31 total profit of $6100.90

This year we had additional expenses with the purchase of a new grill and the tent. Our food sales were down but we had increased revenue from the Truck pull.

Council Report:

Doug, Teri and Andrew Kromrey will be attending the AWSC convention October 31st – November 2nd. The AWSC Youth group is doing a toy drive this year. If you would like to make a donation of a new toy, please get it to the Kromrey’s by October 31st. Doug is taking care of the culvert replacement on Rixmann’s land. J&S Construction will be installing it.

Greg reported that the tractors are in and are being worked on, they are building brush guards and installing them on the tractors. They want this completed before they are used to start mowing and brushing. If you ordered new trail signs for your section of trail the county will have them in soon. Trail bosses should start to think about where the trails need additional brushing.

October 20th, 21st and 23rd has been scheduled for snowmobile safety class. It will be held at the Osceola High School from 6:30 – 9:00 p.m. for all three nights. A parent or guardian must attend with the student on the first night for the first 20 minutes of class this year. Pass the word if you know of anyone interested.

Youth Club:

Andrew reported that the youth club had their first meeting of the season in September and they will be helping at the snowmobile safety class. We are approaching the anniversary of the death of Sarah Thorsland, in honor of Sarah they youth club has designed a T-Shirt memorializing her. They will be giving or selling these shirts to Sarah’s family and friends. Andrew requested a donation to help with the cost of the shirts. Motion was made and carried that the OVSG donate $100.00. The next youth club meeting will be held on October 14th at McKenzie Lanes. If you need additional information please contact Andrew

Trail Bosses:

Gordy has scheduled wood cutting day at the shelter for October 25th. Meet at the shelter at 9:00 a.m. bring chain saws and/or wood splitters if you can. Trail opening day will be November 15th. Sheri will send post cards to the landowners notifying them. We also need to re-deck the bridge on Willberg’s land but the field needs to be cleared first. We are going to try to plan a day between the wood cutting and trail opening. Gordy will let us know.

Gordy also brought up that we make a donation to the Helping Hans Fund as they are landowners. Motion was made and carried to donate $100.00

Our new landowner signs are in and they were distributed to the trail bosses at the meeting.

Old Business:

The fair committee reported that everything seemed to go really good this year. We sold out of everything except about ½ case of burgers.

Doug also wanted to thank everyone who worked at the fair.

All club members gave a big thank you to the committee for all their work on the fair. We realize it is a lot of work and planning for six people to put together. Again THANK YOU!!

New Business:

Ricky will set up a day for trail brushing. He will call or I’ll send e-mails to get volunteers once he has confirmed a date.

Sheri reported that we need to make some changes to the by-laws, as they do not align to what events take place and when. We need to update that elections take place in October not August as stated. That the annual budget meeting will take in November not August as stated, and that our fiscal year is November 1 – October 31 not August 1 to July 31. Motion was made and carried to make these changes to our by-laws.

The IRS has requested additional filings to maintain our non-profit status. Sheri has provided information for a general review.

Sheri also reported that we need to add an additional authorization for signature on our banking accounts or we would have to go through probate if something were to happen to our treasurer while they are in office. Motion was made and carried that we will add a resolution to our by-laws stating that the Treasurer and Vice President are authorized signers for our banking accounts.

Trip committee – Eric reported that he will schedule the overnight ride to Danbury. Frank Sommerfelt and Jacque Osmian will plan the safari.

New brochures and post cards are in. Also the membership registration forms are posted on our website and facebook page.

If you want to purchase a club T-shirt, sweatshirt or hat you can order from Sports N More in Amery. They have our logo and they do not charge a set up or require a minimum.

Gordy is looking for someone to take over his section of trail. If you are interested please contact Gordy, he would like to start working with the person now and turn it over after the season.

John Bonneprise attended the meeting. John was one of the original charger members that started the club. He gave us a little history lesson on how the club came about, which was very interesting. John also wanted to note that two charter members were lost this year, Roger Kuske and Steve Stoker. Thanks for joining us John and sharing your story!!

Meeting was adjourned.

Election meeting:

Board of director nominees were Kevin McNutt and Jason Raska, there were no additional volunteers. Election passed

Vice President Nominee was Al Schoenborn, there were no additional volunteers. Election passed

Treasurer Nominee was Sheri Hoiby, there were no additional volunteers. Election passed.

Note this newsletter has been updated with our current officers and board of directors.

The next club meeting will be at 7:30 p.m. on November 4th, 2014 at P.Y.’s. The boar of directors and officers will meet at 6:30 p.m. to set the budget for the 2014 – 2015 season.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s