Meeting Minutes — Sep 2014

OSCEOLA VALLEY SNO-GOERS

Board of Directors: Scott Ringlien (2015), Frank Sommerfeldt (2015),

Dick Couch (2014) Bruce Johnson (2014)

President: Eric Hallen (2015)

Vice President: Al Schoenborn(2014)

Secretary: Suzanne Wente (2015)

Treasurer: Sheri Hoiby (2014)

Trail Boss West Gordy Jones (2015), Kirk Larson (2015),

Dresser trail: Kevin McNutt (2015)

Council Reps: Doug Kromrey, Greg Swanson

(Alternates: Dave Peterson, Arnold Wente, Roger Peterson)

The September 2nd, 2014 meeting was brought to order by Vice President Al Schoenborn

The secretary’s report was read and approved. Treasurer’s report was read and approved.

Treasurer also reported that she has received information from the AWSC on the registration changes and trail passes. Sherri will forward to Frank Sommerfelt to update the website and Al Schoenborn will update facebook.

Sherri also had the new brochures and postcards printed for the 2014-2015 season.

Council Report:

Greg reported that the tractors are in and a work day will be scheduled. The county council has elections at the October meeting. Trail bosses should start to think about where the trails need additional brushing.

October 20th, 21st and 23rd has been scheduled for snowmobile safety class. It will be held at the Osceola High School from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. for all three nights. A parent or guardian must attend with the student on the first night for the first 20 minutes of class this year.

Youth Club:

Nothing to report.

Trail Bosses:

We need wood at the shelter, a wood cutting day will be scheduled in October. Trail opening and signing will be scheduled for early November.

The bridge replacement will be scheduled for October or early November.

Trail bosses if you need new signs contact Greg Swanson or Doug Kromrey as soon as possible.

Old Business:

The fair committee decided to try the pork chops on a stick this year, we cut our order of turkey legs in half and ordered the other half in pork chops. Duane will pick up the cool guys cooler for the fair and Kirk will get ice. Sherri went over the rules she received from the health department on safe food handling for storing and cooking the meat.

Barb went through some tips on working the booth and changes to serving food per the health department rules.

The health inspector is willing to come to a meeting to train the club free of charges. Motion was made and carried to have the inspector come to our August 2015 meeting to do this for us. The training takes about 20 minutes.

Gordie picked up the new grill.

Scott went over his work plans for the truck pull for putting up barriers and fencing. The fair board is selling can coolers this year to commemorate 90 years of the fair.

Jason Raska is taking care of the float and wanted to know if anyone wanted to display their sled for the parade.

Trip committee had nothing to report.

Social committee wants to plan a meat raffle in September or October

New Business:

We need volunteers for all committees, fair, trip, social and landowner’s dinner.

Elections at the October meeting will take place for the following positions: Vice President, two board of directors and treasurer. If you or anyone you know is interested contact our nominating committee which consists of the current board of directors and officers.

We will nail down dates for all of the fall activities at the October meeting.

The next club meeting will be at 7:30 p.m. on October 7, 2014 at Tippy Canoes. The nominating committee will meet prior to the regular meeting at 7:00 discuss the open positions.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s