Meeting Minutes — May 2014

OSCEOLA VALLEY SNO-GOERS

Board of Directors: Scott Ringlien (2015), Frank Sommerfeldt (2015),

Dick Couch (2014) Bruce Johnson (2014)

President: Eric Hallen (2015)

Vice President: Al Schoenborn(2014)

Secretary: Suzanne Wente (2015)

Treasurer: Sheri Hoiby (2014)

Trail Boss West Gordy Jones (2013), Kirk Larson (2013),

Dresser trail: Roger Peterson, Bruce Johnson, Rick Leroux (2012)

Council Reps: Doug Kromrey, Greg Swanson

(Alternates: Dave Peterson, Arnold Wente, Roger Peterson)

The May 6th, 2014 meeting was brought to order by President Eric Hallen

The secretary’s report was read and approved. Treasurer’s report was read and approved.

Council Report:

Ricky reported that due to some old railroad laws we may start the battle to get the Dresser to Amery trail opened up for snowmobiling.

The Youth Club:

Andrew was not present, nothing to report.

Trail Bosses:

Gordy reported that all trail signs are down and the new land owner’s signs will be put up in the fall when we sign trails. Gordy will also measure the bridge decking to get it replaced on the Swanson Niedermier bridge. Ricky McGuiggan has been working on changing some trails. He has talked with land owners where we have high drifting. The trail to Potting’s along the fence line and the trial on Wurst’s land will be moved further out in the field. Also looking at changing the trail from Dresser to Wandroos along county road F to avoid the deep ditch where the groomer can’t get through, and the trail that goes out of Dresser by Peace Luther to SCF, we want to go through Trap Rock quarry to get up to highway 8. Progress is being made in all areas.

Kevin McNutt has taken over as trail boss on the Dresser to Wandroos trail. Thank you Kevin for taking on this task.

Also thanks to Bruce, Roger and Arnie for taking care of it in the past.

Make sure any hours you have worked on trails have been turned into the trail bosses.

Old Business:

We want to purchase the tent for the fair from Jason Raska. Ricky will contact Jason.

We have (2) pole saws for brushing, Gordy and Doug have them, and you need to check them in and out if you use them for any upcoming brushing you care to do on trails.

Land owners dinner was successful. Julie McGuiggan sent out Thank You cards to all the businesses that donated. President Eric gave a thank you to all committee members for planning the dinner. The only item that was brought up is that we may need to look for a larger venue for next year for the dinner. If anyone has any ideas please let us know.

New Business:

Our scholarship recipient has been selected. The scholarship will be presented at awards night at the High School on May 12th.

It was discussed that we may need a new grill for the fair this year. Gordy brought up the possibility of purchasing a smoker type grill. Secretary to get ahold of Barb Durand to discuss at a fair committee meeting.

The nominating committee consists of board members and current officers. We need to start thinking of nominees for the positions of Vice President, Treasurer and two new Board of Directors for the fall 2014 vote. If anyone is interested in any of these positions please let us know.

We need volunteers on the following committees:

Fair Committee, Trip Committee, Social Committee, Landowner’s Dinner Committee

Please sign up for one of these committees we need all the help we can get!!

Meeting was adjourned.

Our Next Meeting will be on Tues. August 4th Wandroos

Have a great June & July everyone!!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s