2013 September Meeting Minutes

OSCEOLA VALLEY SNO-GOERS

Board of Directors:  Scott Carlson (2013), Eric Hallen (2013),

Dick Couch (2014)  Bruce Johnson (2014)

President: Rick McGuiggan (2013)

Vice President: Eric Hallen(2014)

Secretaries Suzanne Wente& Roxanne Couch (2013)

Treasurer:  Sheri Hoiby (2014)

 

Trail Boss West Gordy Jones (2013), Kirk Larson (2013),

 

Dresser trail: Roger Peterson, Bruce Johnson, Rick Leroux (2012)

 

Council Reps:  Doug Kromrey, Greg Swanson

 (Alternates: Dave Peterson, Arnold Wente, Roger Peterson)

 

Meeting date September 3, 2013

 

Meeting was called to order by President Rick McGuiggan.  Secretary’s report was read and approved.  No Treasurer’s report was available, balance was noted.

 

Council Report:

Nothing to report no meetings

 

Youth Club Report:

Nothing to report

 

Trail Bosses:

Gordy reported that we will need to cut wood at the shelter, we’ll schedule a date for wood cutting at the October meeting.

 

Old Business:

Ricky reported that Dick Hoppe is getting the new signs made for the bridge, they will be done by October.  Dick was not present to report.

 

The picnic tables are at the fair grounds for the youth club to paint.

 

Bruce Johnson got meeting cards and brochures they are at the fair stand.

 

Scott Tinney reported that help is needed for Friday night at the truck pull, schedule was reviewed and he thinks it is covered.  We need to man the spectator gates to make sure no one leaves with beer.  We will charge admission to the truck pull until 9:30 p.m. He plans on setting up for the pull on Wed. at 5:00 p.m. to do the fencing and cement poles.  Thursday at 5:00 to drag the track and finish up.  Gates open at 5:30 admission is $7.00 per person and 12 and under are free.

 

Nate will get $1500.00 for start-up money for the fair.

 

Barb reported we can set up our float at Wheels & Wings on the west side of the area.  Dwayne will get the groomer up there and work with Doug Strain on getting it set up.  Doug will have post cards and brochures to promote new membership.

 

Barb also reported that the fair committee discussed doing pork chops on a stick or gyro’s.  The committee decided that there wasn’t enough time to evaluate the cost and profit for either of these items and we will discuss at the October meeting if we may want to do these next year.

 

Sign-up sheet went around, help is still needed for Saturday night and Sunday.  Any one that is available to help set up at noon on Friday please show up.

 

Motion was made and carried that Barb will get $100.00 worth of candy for the youth club to toss during the parade.

 

Roger needs sleds for the float for the parade.

 

Our committee members are:

Barb & Paul Durand

Nate Gustafson

Duane Wolters

Doug & Terri Kromrey

 

 

New Business:

Jason Raska will check on grants that may be available with Polaris.  Bruce Johnson will fix our current food sign, he will paint with blackboard paint so we can use chalk on it as the magnetic strips are in poor shape.

 

Dick Couch needs help on the nominating committee. Elections will be at the October meeting.  Positions that are up this year are President, Secretary and two Board of Directors spots.

 

Next meeting will be held on October 1, 2013 at 7:30 p.m. at Tippy Canoe’s

 

Reminders:

Any pictures or article that you would like to share please contact Frank Sommerfeldt to put on the web site. Frank’s email address is gmc9643@hotmail.com

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s