Officers: President: Eric Hallen (2023),Vice President: David Johnson (2024), Secretary: Cyndi Sommerfeldt (2023), Treasurer: Frank Sommerfeldt (2024)
Board of Directors: Rhett Larson (2023), Jason Raska (2023), Chris Keezer (2024), Austin Mueller (2024)
Trail Bosses: West: Brad McGuiggan & Jason Raska, East: Scott Carlson, Dresser West: Arik Mahler, Dresser East: Kevin McNutt, Stower Trail: Jeff Jonas & Rick LeRoux
Council Reps: Eric Hallen, Brad McGuiggan
*Meeting called to order on 10/4/22, 7:40pm at UW Wanderoos by Eric.
- Sent out via email following September meeting and posted on webpage. Approved as read.
- Approved as read by Frank.
- Great job on early membership sign ups! We currently have 81 renewed memberships of a total of 150 memberships last year. Frank will continue to send renewed and new memberships in at the end of every month.
- In addition to regular memberships mentioned above we have 12 sponsored Land Owner members and we also sponsor UW Wanderoos as a commercial member.
- Fair results were good.
- Eric and Chris still working on getting Facebook page updated and running.
- Meetings occur monthly on the 1st Thursday of the month.
- WI is trying to get more trail miles. It is desired to keep trail 12 open and use the Stower as an additional alternative trail this year and maybe beyond.
- Council looking into moving a 66’ bridge from east of Wanderoos (Amery Club trail) to north (Centruria KAOS club trail) as there will be a reroute that makes the bridge no longer needed east of Wanderoos.
- Several Council officers/positions will be up for election as the current members are looking to move on. It would be great if our club remained involved in the Council, so if you are interested contact our Club representatives.
Trail Bosses Report:
- Continuing Stower trail issues as 40 signs were illegally removed and thrown in woods per DNR.
- Trail opening to be in November and will be discussed at next meeting.
- Discussion on moving trail/highway 35 crossing to south side of Fiesta Loca at a road approach.
KAOS Youth Club:
- Next meeting 10/11 at McKenzie Lanes in Centuria.
- New postcards with club info and meeting dates are available from Kevin.
- Youth Safety Class scheduled for 10/17,18 &20/2022 at the Intermediate school. No preregistration required, just show up
- Club postcards with meeting dates and club contacts are now available. See Eric.
- New Park and Rec Officer Mike Nells.
- Trail opening date to be determined at next meeting. Postcards to be sent out to inform Land Owners of date and other info.
- Inform Trail Bosses of any known land sales involving club trail access so that we can contact new owners.
- Eric to check on how much wood is available at the Shelter for the upcoming season.
- UWWanderoos Hunters Party is scheduled for 11/17/2022 at the UWW outbuilding. Raffle tickets were available for Club members to sell. Bring back sold ticket stubs and $ to next meeting and we will arrange to drop off at UWW following the November 1 meeting. This Party has been a big fundraiser for our Club so please consider buying and selling tickets.
- Safari 1/19-22/2023 is reserved in Hayward. It was a great time last year! Frank will talk to Mandy at Grand Pines to make sure reservations can be made now. If the hotel unit fills up there are most likely cabin options also available but may need a bigger group to do this. More details and discussion at the 11/1/22 meeting.
- Club Appreciation at Eric’s the end of November. Club provides food. Details at next meeting.
- We had a good year of sales and volunteers! Friday was rainy and started off slow but Saturday and Sunday with good weather were record sales for us.
- We had our highest margins to date. We did increase prices this year.
- Mark or Nate to get $ from Gun Club.
- New Griddle was a great addition, especially for cooking 32 burgers at a time.
- Club participated in the parade.
Next Meeting: November 1, 2022 at Potsies at 7:30pm
*Motion to adjourn passed at 8:19pm
Board of Directors Elections:
- Elections for 2 Members at Large, Vice President and Treasurer were held following the meeting.
- As indicated in the Header to these meeting minutes the following members were elected for a 2 year term ending in May 2024:
David Johnson Vice President
Frank Sommerfeldt Treasurer
Chris Keezer Member at Large
Austin Mueller Member at Large
- As detailed on the Club Web Page in the Bylaws section, Our Club has 11 Board positions. Position descriptions are also in this area as is the quorum requirements.