Meeting Minutes – February 2017

OSCEOLA VALLEY SNO-GOERS
President: Eric Hallen (2017) Vice President: Rick M (2018)
Secretary: Stephanie Harling (2017), Treasurer: Sheri Hoiby (2018)
Board of Directors:  Barb Durand (2018) Rick Leroux (2017) Charlie Greener (2017) Jeff Jonas (2017)
Trail Bosses:  West: Gordy Jones (2017), East: Kirk Larson (2017), Dresser trail: Ken Meyer(2017)
Council Reps:  Mike Tober, Ken Meyer (Alternates: Dave Peterson)

The February meeting was called to order by President Eric Hallen.

The Secretaries report was read and approved

The Treasurer Report was read and approved.

Marketing:

Al and Maria got Friday May 19th reserved at Wandroos for our club party. There were no Saturdays available. However, after further discussion, we realized that was Osceola’s graduation, so they are going to see if they can move it to the Friday before, or any Saturday that is open before that date. Perhaps look at April 29 th , 2017.

The website is up, and he will be posting the minutes. He could use pictures if anyone has some to share. The website is Osceolavalleysnogoers@gmail.com – this will go directly to Al.

Council:

Kenny reported that the Youth Silent auction in March for the convention is looking for donations. We donate $150.00 each year to the Youth Group, and feel they need to take some of that money to buy something for the silent auction.

Please turn in any worksheets as soon as possible.

A snowmobile hit a tree that was down by our shelter, but was not hurt. This tree was taken care of as soon as we found out about it being down, but the snowmobile hit it before we could get out there.

Amery club built a roller out of an old culvert and is trying it out.

The Amery club is having a poker run that starts on 2/18/17 and will run thru 3 consecutive weekends.

All tractors will be serviced at the groomer shack and not at the dealer unless prior approved.

There is a calendar for sale by council.

All fuel barrels will be on wheels so that the council can bring them up to the cattail to use for the groomer up there during the summer.

Trail Boss:

Corn is off on 60th St, but because of no snow we are not going to sign it.

OLD BUSINESS:

The safari is canceled due to lack of snow. Right now you have to go North and East to find snow. Trego, web lake area, as well as Gordon and Hayward was good.

The overnighter is scheduled for Feb 17 th , 2017 there is 4 rooms booked if anyone still wants to use them at the Danbury Casino. 1 smoking and 3 non smoking.

The Meat Raffle was a success. We made $551.00 after expenses. We did 10 rounds of meat, and 10 rounds of drinks and a 50/50 cash drawing. Thanks to all who helped.

Eric received a nice letter from the Military ride thanking us for our donation. The Veterans’ ride will be posted in the Wisconsin magazine, and we will be listed as a sponsor.

Fair Committee – we will need a covered trailer to use temporarily to put the things into from the stand while we do the recovering of the floor. We also need to look for options for a grill, and perhaps look at a catering type of grill.

NEW BUSINESS:

Landowners Dinner is set for April 8 th . Anyone wanting to be on the committee, please let Julie know. We will be having a meeting soon. Al will take care of getting a donation from Polaris again.  A motion was made and passed to up our donations for the Landowners gift from $10.00 to $30.00 this year. This will be sent out with our invitations.

Trail Clean up is set for Saturday April 1 st , 2017

We are looking for members to perhaps take over a section of trail that is close to where they live. You would be responsible for putting the signs up, and taking them down and any cleaning that would need to be done. This would narrow down the large sections that need to be done, if everyone could take a mile or two or a section. See Kirk for this.

AWSC 48 th annual convention is in Milwaukee this year, March 24-26 th , 2017. The club gives $100 per couple to go to help cover the room expense. Al will put this information on the website for anyone wanting more information. There is a voting form for our club to vote, if no one is going, we need to send in the absentee ballot. It will be at the Potawatomi Casino in Milwaukee, WI.

Rick will talk to Scott Carlson to see if the crop reimbursement is the same of if that has changed at all.

Next meeting is Tues. March 7 th , at Tippy Canoes at 7:30.

Meeting adjourned

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s