Osceola Valley Sno-Goers
President: Kevin McNutt (2019), Vice President: Rick McGuiggan (2018)
Secretary: Stephanie Harling (2019), Treasurer: Sheri Hoiby (2018)
Board of Directors: Barb Durand (2018), Mark Kuhl (2019),
Charlie Greener (2019), Jeff Jonas (2019)
Media/Marketing: Al Schoenborn
Trail Bosses: West- Gordy Jones, East- Kirk Larson, Dresser West- Ken Meyer, Dresser East- Kevin McNutt
Council Reps: Brad McGuiggan, Eric Hallen (alternate)
Meeting called to order by President Kevin McNutt
Secretary’s Report: Read and approved
Treasurer’s Report: Read and approved
Media/Marketing: Al posted Facebook pictures from marking trails and the vintage snowmobile show.
Council Report: Eric reported Polk county to open trails December 11th providing we have snow. Reminded us of the 6-inch frozen ground rule for the Gandy Dancer trail.
Trail Boss Report:
- Gordy: Make sure to turn your time in to the trail bosses. There is still standing corn behind Sue’s. There will be a short section of 60th Avenue west of County Road M / County Road K intersection that we will need to ride on the shoulder of the road due to lack of land access. Dresser trails are good. Signs need to be placed for the fields that have not been cleared yet.
Youth Club: Nothing to report
Old Business: Dues need to be submitted. See Sheri Hoiby
- Stower trail is still in limbo. DNR still in limbo on who will maintain the trail.
- Snowmobile maps will not include ATV routes. Please check each county for their map.
- Need someone to deliver check to Open Cupboard (Rick)
- Rick proposed a new resolution and club agreed. Those that do not own snowmobiles but wish to donate their time and participate in club activities will not be charged a free membership (will not be members of AWSC).
- Snow, we need snow
- CLUB SAFARI: Jan 26-27 at Solon Springs 15 rooms have been blocked under Osceola Sno-Goers
- Rooms facing roadside @87.90 per night
- Rooms facing lakeside @119.90 per night Anyone who would like to come early (Thursday) or stay Sunday those nights are $60/each
- To reserve your room, call 715-378-4444 make sure to reference the club’s name to get the discounted price.
- More about the overnighter in Danbury at next meeting
Social Committee: PRAY FOR SNOW!!!!!
Fair Committee: Nothing to report
Landowners Dinner: Nothing to report
*******Please review these committees and contact Julie McGuiggan or Suzy Wente if you are interested in volunteering. Jump in and be a part of your club we need everyone’s help and it’s a great way to get to know new people make GREAT FRIENDS!!! **********
Next Meeting January 2nd, 2018 at Sue’s Bar and Grill in East Farmington