Osceola Valley Sno-Goers – May 2nd, 2017, held at Osceola Lanes
President: Eric Hallen (2017), Vice President: Rick McGuiggan (2018)
Secretary: Stephanie Harling (2017), Treasurer: Sheri Hoiby (2018)
Board of Directors: Barb Durand (2018) Rick Leroux (2017) Charlie Greener (2017) Jeff Jonas (2017)
Trail Bosses: West: Gordy Jones (2017), East: Kirk Larson (2017), Dresser trail: Ken Meyer (2017)
Council Reps: Mike Tober, Ken Meyer (Alternates: Dave Peterson)
The meeting was brought to order by President Eric Hallen
The Secretaries report was read and approved
The Treasurers report was read and approved for March and April
- The Brushing is done.
- This is the Map year so they will be looking for sponsors for Ads
Youth Club: – Nothing to report
- Gordy did not get the names for new landowner’s signs yet. Anyone knowing of new signs to be made up let him know before the fall meeting.
- We will need some new easements signed for the Mork Section of trail.
Also, we need to look and see if any of our easements need updating with all the land changing owners.
- Discussion on trying to get our trails GPS’d on our trails, and getting that description written on the easements. However, if we change the trails then the easement would have to be signed again.
- The landowner’s dinner went well, although we only had 17 landowners that came and we sent almost 90 invites. With the cost of putting this dinner on, and the last two years a declined interest, discussion on perhaps giving them a gift card for more money, and not doing the landowners dinner. This was tabled until February to see if we get snow this year, and look for other options.
- The Spring Party for the Club members is going to be held on Sat May 14th, at Sue’s Bar and Grill starting at 4:00 pm. Pulled pork sandwiches, potato salad, and cookies will be provided. We are asking for the club members to bring store bought items for a side, (commercially prepared food) or something that you can make there. We will have the bean bags available.
- Dick Hoppe is making a box for the groomer saw for us.
- Trail passes will be available July 1st 2017
- We want our club memberships paid by Sept 15th, 2017, so we can send in our AWSC at one time. They are charging $1.50 for each time we submit memberships to them, so we are trying to do them in group batches and one time. Discussion if your membership is not paid by Sept 15th, we will add a surcharge to cover the expense.
- A thank you from the Kromroy’s for the funeral flowers that we sent. Leon was a long time member of our club.
- The President and Secretary and 3 Board of Directors are up for election in Sept.
- They are considering going to Rhinelander next year, as it seems like they have gotten snow the last couple of years, when no one else has.
- The club party on May 14th (See above notes on that)
- Eric will have a meeting in July for the fair committee, and will contact Barb Durand to make sure that she can be the head of that again.
- Still discussing on if we should get a new grill
- Perhaps looking at a commercial Fridge that will hold all of our pop instead of doing the coolers.
Meeting was adjourned
Next Meeting is August 1st, 2017 at UW Wanderoos