Meeting Minutes – November 2016

OSCEOLA VALLEY SNO-GOERS

President:  Eric Hallen (2017), Vice President: Rick McGuiggan (2018)

Secretary:  Stephanie Harling (2017), Treasurer: Sheri Hoiby (2018)

Board of Directors:  Charlie Greener, Jeff Jonas, Rick LeRoux (2017), Barb Durand (2018)

Trail Bosses:  West: Gordy Jones, East: Kirk Larson, Dresser trail: Ken Meyer

Council Reps:  Ken Meyer, Mike Tabor   (Alternates: Arnold Wente, Roger Peterson)

 

The November 1st Meeting was called to order by President Eric Hallen

The Secretary’s report was read and approved

The Treasurers report was read and approved. Projected budget for 2017 was read and approved.

Council:

Greg is resigning at the council, and election next meeting. He has put in over 20 years and we thank him for his dedication to representing our club and the council.

They are going to modify the easements and take out the word base. It will read need at least 6 inches of snow, not a 6 inch base.

Trying to promote more commercial membership.

There is a DNR survey called SCORP – that is used for to help the government decide who gets what when someone is applying for a grant. It is for hikers, ATV riders.  Snowmobile riders need to go on and take this survey.

Gravel bids for the Cattail trail.

Talked about leveling chisel plowed fields, discussion of blades.

Youth Club:

No news, except they still meet at McKenzie Lanes the 2 nd Monday of every month.

Trail Boss:

We need to do some brushing in Dresser by the gravel pit. Date set to work on that Sat November 5 th .

No cutting of wood is necessary for the shelter this year, we have plenty.

November 12th is date for the Trail Opening.

Sherri will get the post cards printed for the landowners letting them know that we are going to be doing the trail opening. Julie will help her in getting these ready to mail. The postcards will be mailed November 2nd , 2016.

Kirk suggested smaller sections to mark trails. See Kirk Larson for the east trails

New Business:

Hunter’s Party Nov. 17 th at Wanderoos, raffle tickets for sale. Baked goods are needed.

Meat raffle will be the 1st Friday in February, $300 in meat will be purchased. Help is  needed with the raffle, please. It will be held at Sue’s Bar and Grill.

Discussion about the floor in the fair booth. Epoxy-we need help to get this done. If someone with an enclosed trailer could help with this we would greatly appreciate it.

Trip Committee:  If anyone has new ideas please see Eric, Jackie, or Frank. We are open to something new.

Social Committee: Nothing to report

Landowners Dinner: Nothing to report – need to set a date and place in the near future.

If you’re not on a committee, please see Eric and sign up. We really need help with this event as well. Please see Julie or Susan.

Meeting was adjourned.

Next Meeting will be on Tues. December 6 th at Woodhill Bar and Grill at 7:30 pm

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s